Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Ehhrrm, yes.
Next Tablet Review coming in by gearopen.com

[wild-theory-mode-based-on-false-assumptions: on]
The picture that Jolla sends out more Review-Units than Dev-Loan Devices hardens...

Honestly, makes little sense to me in light of the "we are a OS company" strategy and the obvious trouble to maintain the existing userbase with service and care.
Is another batch of tablets planned that is not already sold and needs marketing?
Sure looks like, doesn't it?.[wild-theory-mode: off]

Last edited by mosen; 2015-10-21 at 15:04.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The picture that Jolla sends out more Review-Units than Dev-Loan Devices hardens...
One of the reviews suggests that the review device is used multiple times, so it isn't that they give it away: they recall it after the reviewer is done (which is bad for the review as a reviewer could mishandle the device).

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Ehhrrm, yes.
Next Tablet Review coming in by gearopen.com.
Uhm... first couple of paragraphs read the same as: http://www.trustedreviews.com/jolla-tablet-review

Anybody care to compare further?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Uhm... first couple of paragraphs read the same as: http://www.trustedreviews.com/jolla-tablet-review

Anybody care to compare further?
Yeah, actually, at the bottom of the page they note that this review came from "trustedreviews.com", so at least they aren't trying to claim it as their own.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Lol, sorry for not checking deeper and suggesting wild theories...
My bad, i am at work still and just passed it through barely unread :/

One of the reviews suggests that the review device is used multiple times, so it isn't that they give it away: they recall it after the reviewer is done (which is bad for the review as a reviewer could mishandle the device).
This shared loan model is common practice amongst tech reviewers. The last reviewer I saw of this instance was for the new AMD Radion 390 gpu where they found the card was running hot. On closer inspection they noticed some screws had their finish etched away, where a previous reviewer had performed a strip down and not bothered to re-apply any fresh paste.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
This shared loan model is common practice amongst tech reviewers. The last reviewer I saw of this instance was for the new AMD Radion 390 gpu where they found the card was running hot. On closer inspection they noticed some screws had their finish etched away, where a previous reviewer had performed a strip down and not bothered to re-apply any fresh paste.
If review devices are the same few and there are almost non devs who got device, what loan devices Jolla was talking about?
That's exactly the point of openness and communication. When i asked them on twitter, they told they are concerned about those devs privacy

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Switzerland
Hi my friends

Short question: is there anybody else who was under the first contributors on indiegogo, received the invitation for the order a few weeks ago, paid the tax but hasn't heard anything since tgeb from jolla regarding delivery since then?
still waiting and being jealous to the "real" early birds who already got the tablet

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Actually, I find that positive.

-reviewers should be genuinely interested and feel motivated to fulfill their assignment instead of dropping a few lines in trade for new free toys.

-2nd hand device review does not mean it can't be a completer review..the review put forward by mosen above http://gearopen.com/tablets/jolla-tablet-review-18104/ is better than the one from Engadget and covers briefly the loudspeaker performance... Many "reviewers" don't even bother to allocate extra precious bytes to that.

-I am not interested in lengthy descriptions of unboxing ceremonies.

-even with review copies handed out for free you rarely find reviewers revisiting their first review with an update after 3 months of usage / after software upgrade... A free device is a high price to pay for a one shot, rushed out review that seems to be the a sign of diminishing interest in tablets and an overload of models.

-If drop / pet / toddler tests were to be performed on the device as part of the final benchmark things would be different but..

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Actually, I find that positive.

-reviewers should be genuinely interested and feel motivated to fulfill their assignment instead of dropping a few lines in trade for new free toys.

-2nd hand device review does not mean it can't be a completer review..the review put forward by mosen above http://gearopen.com/tablets/jolla-tablet-review-18104/ is better than the one from Engadget and covers briefly the loudspeaker performance... Many "reviewers" don't even bother to allocate extra precious bytes to that.

-I am not interested in lengthy descriptions of unboxing ceremonies.

-even with review copies handed out for free you rarely find reviewers revisiting their first review with an update after 3 months of usage / after software upgrade... A free device is a high price to pay for a one shot, rushed out review that seems to be the a sign of diminishing interest in tablets and an overload of models.

-If drop / pet / toddler tests were to be performed on the device as part of the final benchmark things would be different but..
Is it better? How would you compare it to trustedreviews.com review? :P (I suggest reading the comments after the link was posted, where it's just copy paste from older review from trustedreviews.com)

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund