Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Sounds very odd that it suddenly decides the server isn't an Exchange server

Anyway, I'd suggest enabling logging and seeing whether anything useful is reported. The other thing you could try is to delete the account altogether and rerun the setup from scratch.
thanks....just got the time to deal with this. i did the enable logging and the text file attached is the .log file (i honestly dont know what that 76000 char txt file is )

i perform a back-up before i delete and re-do my mfe, but still same results. thanks

UPDATE: with some unexplainable reasons on my part, my mfe just re-sync! i mean it is working now!, before that, the warning banner says that Exchange account was disabled......then after that, the mfe folder was synced
Attached Files
File Type: tar Aug.txt.txt.tar (80.0 KB, 89 views)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-08-17 at 01:59.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
thanks....just got the time to deal with this. i did the enable logging and the text file attached is the .log file (i honestly dont know what that 76000 char txt file is )

i perform a back-up before i delete and re-do my mfe, but still same results. thanks

UPDATE: with some unexplainable reasons on my part, my mfe just re-sync! i mean it is working now!, before that, the warning banner says that Exchange account was disabled......then after that, the mfe folder was synced
Looks like it was an issue at the server side anyway. The client connected to the server okay, then sent an OPTIONS request. The response didn't contain any MS-ActiveSync headers though, so wasn't from an Exchange server. So either an Exchange server, IIS server or proxy server issue.

Anyway, glad to hear it's all working now - make sure you disable logging again though, otherwise you'll soon run out of rootfs space!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Anyway, glad to hear it's all working now - make sure you disable logging again though, otherwise you'll soon run out of rootfs space!
i just disabled the logging, figured out when my usual 65mb of rootfs becomes 55mb without any treatments. thanks and the MFE wiki helps.....a lot

EDIT: i also agree that the problem is on the Server, we just got a new IT Tech.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-08-17 at 16:58.

okay, my Rootfs is still draining after this and this. reduces the rootfs by 0.1mb every sync. reboot will fix it but then again, draining space every sync. (or maybe im just paranoid)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
okay, my Rootfs is still draining after this and this. reduces the rootfs by 0.1mb every sync. reboot will fix it but then again, draining space every sync. (or maybe im just paranoid)
You've uninstalled sysklogd? The rootfs space usage shouldn't be anything to do with logging then - have you checked to see where the extra space is being used (if it's fixed at reboot then it's probably under /tmp, as that'll get cleaned on boot)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
You've uninstalled sysklogd? The rootfs space usage shouldn't be anything to do with logging then - have you checked to see where the extra space is being used (if it's fixed at reboot then it's probably under /tmp, as that'll get cleaned on boot)?
ahahaha! my bad. i jus deleted the syslog folder and did not perform the
Code:
apt-get remove sysklogd
command.

everything is running okay now, still loosing rootfs space but the normal and usual way.

thanks.

folks, i installed sysklog daemon yesterday night to troubleshoot a synch issue with MfE. and then i noticed something very interesting in the logs!

the calendar synch actually talks to the exchange server and retrieves quite a bit more information about an appointment. i see 2 critical pieces of information that i would love to have : meeting initiator / originator, and a list of attendee names + their email addresses.

i've had a look at the sqlite db that used by the calendar app and did not see this information in the schema? i also do not see this information exposed in the calendar app.

is there anyway to get this short of hacking camel and / or the calendar app? i would really love to get this information as this is the only glaring omission from mfe synch that i am missing from my windows mobile days.

actually, the other glaring omission is when i get a meeting request, i have no idea WHEN and WHERE the meeting is supposed to be until I accept it, which is kinda pointless.

any ideas on how to achieve this quickly and painlessly?

Last edited by droll; 2010-08-19 at 01:09.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Did Nokia terminate Vitaly?

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
Good idea. Here is the deal: I ssh into my phone so that I can do the dbus-monitor in the background. I pipe it into a file and then click on an email in the inbox. I get a long delay during which dbus-monitor is pumping out tons of these:
Code:
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99757 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 163
signal sender=:1.31 -> dest=(null destination) serial=99227 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=NotificationClosed
   uint32 163
method call sender=:1.31 -> dest=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon serial=99228 path=/com/nokia/HildonSVNotificationDaemon; interface=com.nokia.HildonSVNotificationDaemon; member=StopEvent
   int32 165
method return sender=:1.31 -> dest=:1.71 reply_serial=99757
method call sender=:1.71 -> dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications serial=99758 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=CloseNotification
   uint32 162
signal sender=:1.31 -> dest=(null destination) serial=99230 path=/org/freedesktop/Notifications; interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications; member=NotificationClosed
   uint32 162
These look remarkably like the list of integers at the beginning of the file /var/lib/gconf/apps/modest/accounts/Mail@32@for@32@ExchangeID/%gconf.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gconf>
        <entry name="notification_ids" mtime="1281391489" type="list" ltype="int">
                <li type="int" value="163"/>
                <li type="int" value="162"/>
                <li type="int" value="160"/>
                <li type="int" value="159"/>
                <li type="int" value="158"/>
                <li type="int" value="157"/>
                <li type="int" value="156"/>
                <li type="int" value="155"/>
                <li type="int" value="154"/>
                <li type="int" value="153"/>
                <li type="int" value="152"/>
                <li type="int" value="151"/>
                <li type="int" value="150"/>
                <li type="int" value="149"/>
                <li type="int" value="148"/>
I don't know if the list is exactly the same, and if it is growing at all (though the update timestamp on the xml file is current, so it has been updated). So what is generating these notifications? If I delete the "li" nodes, will I break something? Will they get replaced?

I would love to hear any thoughts from anyone (including whether I should put all this into a new or existing bug in the maemo bugzilla) before I go around deleting from gconf files willy nilly. I pulled the modest source code from the repository (open source rocks!) but have not found anything of interest related to notifications, or to the dbus call above...but I have only started pouring through it.
Deleting the <li type="int" value="148"/> does no good they will just all come back with the next sync of mail.
It also does not speed things up any.
I am having the same problem of the long pregnant pause opening the mail box.
Not sure what is causing it but I tried to delete those already.

Hi !

I am syncing with Sherweb hosted exchange 2007 service.

Every time, when I am clicking on an email attachment to open it or save it, it is ALWAYS says : "File Error".

Can somebody help me how could I fixed this, even through x-terminal ? Any ideas ?

Many thanks for your time and help,

Andrew

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!