Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Time for elop corporation or elop**** pvt ltd

anyway nokia is planning to release condoms at unseen low prices so book yours and be ready to ...
Seriously stop dream. He will not get fired.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Apple is just one manufacturer, and there are lots of people who can't stand apple. With android you could at least get your Motorola, Sony-Ericsson or whatever you used to have. At the time Android was practically the only viable choice for iphone, so there you go. Pricing also wasn't irrelevant - if apple had released a low cost model early in game, Android would have been dramatically slowed down.

And Nokia messed up maemo/meego big time, by not diverting enough resources to it, until it was at least 5 years too late.
Yes almost because of Symbian fanatics inside Nokia.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
This wouldn't have been allowed to happen if NOKIA had been a French or German company rather than Finnish, their respective governments would've been all over it like a rash.

It'll be interesting to see if they step in when Microsoft tries to pick up NOKIA's patent portfolio for a song.
My opinion: The Finnish board members, shareholders and government there have proven that they have no pride and no backbone. Go ahead and try to explain to me how they DO, given how this company (which supposedly was the pride and joy of the Finnish economy) was mishandled so badly as to look intentionally sabotaged by a mole from Microsoft and just let it KEEP ON happening all the way up to the point of trying to sell it off to a foreign company. I mean--come on! People were already making that point WAY, WAY back when he was first hired as the new CEO. Everybody could SEE it. That's a lack of pride and a lack of the integrity to step in. The truth is the truth, no matter how ugly it is. For all the damage they have done, money lost and jobs lost... Nokia's executives, shareholders and the government of Finland should be ashamed and feel bad for their part in making it happen or allowing it to get to this point. Again, just my opinion but.. man, it just seemed so obvious all along.

Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
And Nokia messed up maemo/meego big time, by not diverting enough resources to it, until it was at least 5 years too late.
Well, that.. and for not listening to their customers. How many times did everybody complain about security issues, bugs and other problems over the years and see the now infamous 'NOFIX' or 'FIXED IN [NEXT VERSION--ONLY SOLD ON A NEW DEVICE]' ... for BUGS and things that clearly COULD be fixed if they either DID fix them or open-sourced those portions?! Not new features... FIXES. Not to mention the PARTS for the hardware that were impossible to get so that you could fix them. Physical PRESENCE to have somewhere to return or repair Nokia devices face to face with a person wherever they are sold, too--that would have made a HUGE difference. Funny how that's EXACTLY what Apple has been doing for a long time with their own stores and inside sections of other stores, Samsung is has already started doing now (putting their own people in Best Buy stores all over the US, for example) and now even Microsoft has started to plan to do. I've been suggesting EXACTLY that for YEARS to Nokia and Maemo. Even a simple little kiosk in the mall would have made a HUGE difference.

For my part, I think I easily would have continued buying and spreading word of mouth to keep buying Nokia stuff if Nokia simply listened to what we wanted and delivered on it (support, parts and presence). Instead, I had to tell everybody what a frustrating mistake it was to have to deal with Nokia as a customer and ended up pushing what ACTUALLY, surprisingly, worked out better for me and everyone I deal with: Android vendors (Motorola, Samsung, etc.). Sadly, it wasn't what I really wanted but it did evolve rapidly to provide everything people asked for and, most importantly, Google and the vendors listened to their customers. Nokia missed the boat by simply not listening to their customers and giving them what they want. I can't say it enough because it is the most basic premise of business relationships with customers.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
My opinion: The Finnish board members, shareholders and government there have proven that they have no pride and no backbone. Go ahead and try to explain to me how they DO, given how this company (which supposedly was the pride and joy of the Finnish economy) was mishandled so badly as to look intentionally sabotaged by a mole from Microsoft and just let it KEEP ON happening all the way up to the point of trying to sell it off to a foreign company. I mean--come on! People were already making that point WAY, WAY back when he was first hired as the new CEO. Everybody could SEE it. That's a lack of pride and a lack of the integrity to step in. The truth is the truth, no matter how ugly it is. For all the damage they have done, money lost and jobs lost... Nokia's executives, shareholders and the government of Finland should be ashamed and feel bad for their part in making it happen or allowing it to get to this point. Again, just my opinion but.. man, it just seemed so obvious all along.
For once I agree. That what I also mean when I say EU doing NOTHING to compete with US and China.

We have given up here in EU (include my on country sweden). Too many ****ing *****s who doesn't know how to fight and instead sells out everything. And then we wonder why the heck country after country going bankcrupt

We have ****ing nothing left in IT:

No Facebook like
No UTube like
No Search engine
No Smarthpone OS if Jolla doesnt doing something that success.

And then we wonder why NSA listen to us when we deserves it because we send every damn message to USA all day long.

Nothing wrong with China or America BUT there MUST be balance or else everything gets nuts. And tats what is happening now.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-23 at 14:05.

May I just say, to all those Tomi Ahonen haters out there who called him crazy - I bet you're eating your words now

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
May I just say, for all those Tomi Ahonen haters out there who called him crazy - I bet you're eating your words now
He has always had SOME points but still he is to much of a man people will not listen to because he is too angry. (Like me....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
May I just say, to all those Tomi Ahonen haters out there who called him crazy - I bet you're eating your words now
Hahahahahhahhahaahhahahahaha......hahahahhahahaah. ......you must be kidding, right?

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
We have given up here in EU (include my on country sweden). Too many ****ing *****s who doesn't know how to fight and instead sells out everything.
I've had nearly as many Saabs as I've had NOKIAs

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
In india i everywhere saw nokia. while travelling i didnt carried a charger i knew i will find a couple of em at relatives.
But not everywhere galaxys?? People are even prefering the chineese goods over the low end knokias
i think my nokia journy comes to an end with the n900. Not to mention seriously degrading customer support previously i got replaced now for simple issues they take minimum 15 daysand usually goes over months. Why?? Wheres other stores like samgsung spice etc have it quick like they are telling create an issue we will deal it and the worst part the nokia care got closed here and now its nokia priority delear?? They say we dont handle such cases we only sell?? Then again a few hundred meter apart there opend a nokia priority?? Sometimes open most of the time closed??
I simply cant get what do do with the warranty provided??

anyone knows whats going on with nokia apart from os and diff things.??

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
In india i everywhere saw nokia. while travelling i didnt carried a charger i knew i will find a couple of em at relatives.
But not everywhere galaxys?? People are even prefering the chineese goods over the low end knokias
i think my nokia journy comes to an end with the n900. Not to mention seriously degrading customer support previously i got replaced now for simple issues they take minimum 15 daysand usually goes over months. Why?? Wheres other stores like samgsung spice etc have it quick like they are telling create an issue we will deal it and the worst part the nokia care got closed here and now its nokia priority delear?? They say we dont handle such cases we only sell?? Then again a few hundred meter apart there opend a nokia priority?? Sometimes open most of the time closed??
I simply cant get what do do with the warranty provided??

anyone knows whats going on with nokia apart from os and diff things.??

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha