Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
OK thanks for the reply. Any ideas how to check?
You can check by going to the parent directory of the download location and using the ls -l command. So, if your download location is /home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube, you enter

Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
then

Code:
ls -l
This will give you a list of permissions for any files or directories within MyDocs.

Another way of checking would be to simply attempt to move or copy a file to the download directory. If it fails, then you know there is a problem.

There is a nice walkthrough on fixing N900 filesystem errors at http://www.adminlinux.org/2010/04/no...-readonly.html

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Using the umount procedure in that tutorial seems to have fixed it. Managed to make 4 successful Youtube downloads in a row last night.

Thankees for your help

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Yes, but you would need to recompile the application afterwards, because the url-grabbing code is written in C++. I don't think that you need to worry, though. I'm keeping my N900, too.
i've just noticed that gpodder allows me to search youtube and download videos. i assume it does this through some youtube rss interface. would using the rss api/interface it be a good way to get around this recurring problem? i assume the rss interface would present you with the location of the video directly and simply?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
i've just noticed that gpodder allows me to search youtube and download videos. i assume it does this through some youtube rss interface. would using the rss api/interface it be a good way to get around this recurring problem? i assume the rss interface would present you with the location of the video directly and simply?
gPodder uses the same (or similar) method as cuteTube to retreive the video stream. The RSS feed has the same data as the one I use in cuteTube. The API allows you to specify the format of the response.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
gPodder uses the same (or similar) method as cuteTube to retreive the video stream. The RSS feed has the same data as the one I use in cuteTube. The API allows you to specify the format of the response.
ah! as george w. used to say , i 'misunderestimated' what gpodder was doing. so gpodder doesn't have a nice plaintext link to the video .mp4 and so is open to being obsoleted by youtube changes...
thanks, i've learned something.

Is there a way to add support for sites such as justin.tv for live streaming;I know that i'm asking much but i was wondering...

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
i can't post on facebook anymore after i installed qmltube on my freshly flashed n900. it shows autorization on facebook, but then theres only black...
(mcsp, libqtm, cssu installed)

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
can someone pls tell how to locate the videos i downloaded, i want to move them to another folder.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
install filebox and enable root

Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
can someone pls tell how to locate the videos i downloaded, i want to move them to another folder.
I don't remember the default folder, but you can change it.

Pulse the tool icon (left lower corner, if you're on potrait, where the light led is, kinda).

Then scroll down to: Donwload location (Ther you can see the default folder and change it whatever you want).

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube