Active Topics

Notices

Yes it did! Kicking myself for forgetting that option, it's better anyway as the iGo has a nice holder mechanism for the phone which is better (holds it higher) with the keyboard open.
So, I opened my Text input settings, turned off auto-capitilaization which is an annoyance if I'm actually touch-typeing which I'm now (!) doing with the iGo keyboard and also turned off the "Use virtial keyboard" which I never use anyway, and returned to typing... and all my special keys were gone! Nothing but lower and upper case letters, space, arrow keys. No numbers, quote, dash, underscore, etc. I went to the Ext Keyboard settings, they were still set to 105 Int'l, US, so I selected Tools-(re)connect keyboard, and save: everything is all right again.
So this works!!! When I am done confirming a reliable shutdown-reconnect sequence I'll turn it over to my wife, who has dozens of contacts to re-enter after I had to re-flash her phone because it entered a perpetual-reboot condition after un-installing BlessN900 in attempting to make the camera work again. (Yes, we didn't backup even using the enhanced kernel. First such trouble since getting the phones and doing everything to them since May).
And it just went away again. All good now. It's hard to reproduce but I'll try if it will help.
... One thing I've been able to repeat: changing Text Input settings seems to wipe the iGo key mappings. After doing that, repeating the Ext Kbd Tools-(re) Connect HID keyboard and Save gets them back.

Last edited by ericf2009; 2010-12-05 at 17:53.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Yeah, messing with internal keyboard settings screws external keyboard, should be avoided

Still have problem with iGo Stowaway.

Now using pc 105 int and USA. Most keys work correctly, except

Fn £, Yen and Euro do nothing .

Any suggestions to fix

The Following User Says Thank You to fred123 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
freemangordon: thank you also for the mouse driver! I will test my scripts with your driver, and change the dependency if it works.

EDIT: I'll carry this on over here.

Last edited by qole; 2010-12-07 at 05:09.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
silly Q: wud this ever be able to suppport wireless keyboard/ mouse dongles? So we can use wireless keyboard + mouse simultaneously?

Thanks

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
you mean USB? this should work. or I am missing something

EDIT: of course one will need hen installed

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I have h-e-n and I plugged in my USB dongle..didnt seem to work... but wont it need specific drivers? im using a logitech wireless keyboard + mouse combo with usb dongle.. thx

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I tested it today and have no chance to get extkbd working as it should.

Extmou is working just fine, you find further details about that in my post in the Extmou topic.

Though Extkbd makes from the first minute issues, it said first that some file cannot be found (But started anyway), for some reason this message doesn't appears anymore.

When I connect a external USB keyboard the 3 LEDs blink once but nothing more happens, when I open the keyboard settings it just says "keyboard" and I can't really change something. Once it even stucked and extkbd was using permanent 100% CPU (Loop?) and I had no chance anymore to use even the onboard keyboard. A restart fixed it.

Edit: I also noticed that it doesn't saves any settings, maybe permission issues?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-12-11 at 22:09.

So, after reflashing the device, in order to try to get extmou to work, since I had a problem in the bluetooth stack, I can tell you extkbd is unable to properly generate portuguese diacritics.;the layout doesn't match SU-8W's one,

If you want, I can upload that custom SU-8W layout to you, freemangordon, so you might implement it. I'm going back to setxkbmap for now.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@crogge

You will need a external power supply for Your power hungry external USB keyboard (Y-adapter or poweed hub).
The UI can not save a setting for a NOT connected keyboard.
So, first try a powered USB hub, then start h-e-n, open the UI and configure the kbd. Enjoy...

got this working with mouse (5-buttons opt intelli MS), keyboard (ny brand) and a NTFS-HDD

Big THANKS to freemangordon and all h-e-n participants

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard