Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
If the code you gave me earlier is what you are running..

Don't you need a:
#!/usr/bin/python

Or whatever the appropriate path is for python on the N900 at the beginning?

That could by why the desktop icon isn't working.

You want either:
Code:
Exec=python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py
Or add the line above to the top of healthcheck.py.
Thanks Fatalsaint, again!

Got the (hashkey not working)! /usr/bin/env python
at the beginning

assuming the Exec=python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py is for the .desktop file? (replace current line?)

(the icon loads, and it looks like the application loads, so not sure the error is there.)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Thanks Fatalsaint, again!

Got the (hashkey not working)! /usr/bin/env python
at the beginning

assuming the Exec=python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py is for the .desktop file? (replace current line?)

(the icon loads, and it looks like the application loads, so not sure the error is there.)
Yes you can do one, or the other, or both..

Adding #!/usr/bin/env python to the top of healthcheck.py will allow you to either:
Code:
/opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py
*or*
cd /opt/healthcheck/
./healthcheck.py
In a terminal.. Or use the Exec code you have right now. Not having that line in the file, requires you to pass it to python first with either:
Code:
python /opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py
*or*
cd /opt/healthcheck
python healthcheck.py
*or*
Etc....
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Ok, tried again with the exec python part - doesnt make a difference

So to confirm, .desktop has

and the healthcheck.py file has #!/usr/bin/env python as it's first line.

The icon installs, it starts to run, and then just crashes out and dissapears....
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ok, tried again with the exec python part - doesnt make a difference
With X-Osso-Service present in your desktop file, changing the Exec field there won't make a difference. Edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/HealthCheck.service instead.

If the problem is that it crashes after some seconds when starting it from the menu (starting it from the terminal shouldn't cause it to crash) you need to initialize an osso.Context since you're using X-Osso-Service.

Try something like:
Code:
import osso
osso_c = osso.Context("healthcheck", "666", True)
If that fails, too, then you can try replacing the previous X-Osso-Type line with X-Osso-Type=application/x-python

If that also fails, comment out the X-Osso-Service line in your desktop file. Of course, only try all this if your program doesn't crash when started from the terminal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
With X-Osso-Service present in your desktop file, changing the Exec field there won't make a difference. Edit /usr/share/dbus-1/services/HealthCheck.service instead.

If the problem is that it crashes after some seconds when starting it from the menu (starting it from the terminal shouldn't cause it to crash) you need to initialize an osso.Context since you're using X-Osso-Service.

Try something like:
Code:
import osso
If that fails, too, then you can try replacing the previous X-Osso-Type line with X-Osso-Type=application/x-python

If that also fails, comment out the X-Osso-Service line in your desktop file. Of course, only try all this if your program doesn't crash when started from the terminal.
I'm assuming the code is to go in my healthcheck.py file, and not the service file?
does run fine from terminal.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm assuming the code is to go in my healthcheck.py file, and not the service file?
does run fine from terminal.
Yessssssir.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Okey dokey, trying the osso stuff and will see how it goes

Well
import osso
didn't work, will try the rest when i get home in 20 mins

Just realised, not actually using python-osso.....

So removing traces of it from my code and the .desktop / build_app files....
Does that mean i can remove the lines
X-Osso-Service=com.nokia.healthcheck
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
from the .desktop file too?

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Just installed and same results as rest starts and then crashes just before launch. Getting there though Noob keep churning that code

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:

Tags
code, health check, n900, python