Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by oved_etzot View Post
What happens now is that as soon as I press call the dialing pad dissapears, the phone starts rotating on me and sometimes by the time I find the dialing pad button and open it starts rotating in all sorts of directions GRRRR or goes black on me?
Why not leave the dialing pad open, or have such an option?
You should probably try to change turning control settings from phones upper menu. If you want to use it in landscape then keep keyboard open. I recommend that you put turning control to portrait from automatic so it will not rotate unless you do not snap keyboard open.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
You should probably try to change turning control settings from phones upper menu. If you want to use it in landscape then keep keyboard open. I recommend that you put turning control to portrait from automatic so it will not rotate unless you do not snap keyboard open.
Thanks - I missed that option
Still would like an option to have the dialing pad to remain... Perhaps for some phone numbers Or a button that says "Call & continue" or something like that..

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Merged another thread to this one and removed some noise, please consider to make use of the "Report This" function to keep brainstorm clean

am very close to buying this phone ( waiting for my leg to heal from a torn ligament) but iam reading few minor problems that am concerned about and i hope nokia will fix them in the coming firmware !!

1) make a dedicated call log shortcut ! ( like when you press on the green dialling button on other nokia phones to see the dialled . received. missed calls )

2) improve battery life
3)the ability to assign specific ring tones to specific contacts

what do you think ?

1) Extended call log function
2) Disable most of your services and get a better battery life
3) can't do it on this... yet, don't know if it will be supported later

Hope that helps

why should i buy a high-end gadget to disable its functions !! its like buying a ferrari without any fuel in it !
and about 3 i dont know why a low end phone has this function while a 500$ dont and its basic and essential !
they can think if these stuff before releasing !!

Yeah, and do you hear Ferrari drivers complaining about their MPG?

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Perhaps the Ferrari comparison is not apt, considering the terrible gas mileage it gets. Or perhaps it is, in that crappy gas mileage and mediocre battery life is the price you pay for high performance.

Originally Posted by xpress View Post
why should i buy a high-end gadget to disable its functions !! its like buying a ferrari without any fuel in it !
and about 3 i dont know why a low end phone has this function while a 500$ dont and its basic and essential !
they can think if these stuff before releasing !!
Because, as many others have said before me, the N900 is NOT a phone. It is an internet tablet which happens to have BASIC phone functionality.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xpress View Post
why should i buy a high-end gadget to disable its functions !!
why should I put over 4 liters per 100km to 1000bhp sport cars fuel tank?!? it should run with 2 liters!!!
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search