Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Rebski View Post
That's odd, the update fixed both of those particular problems for me.
My camera flip problem is also fixed, even after a reboot.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
This is very strange.

I tried to upgrade to 5.2008.43-7 and got the error about bluez-utils which prevented installation. I had not installed minigpsd or bluez-utils-test, so I was confused. Through shell access, I installed bluez-utils, thinking that dependencies would be satisfied. It installed just fine.

Now, the update has disappeared from the Application Manager. So, I try to install it through the shell with "apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44" and it still refuses to install because bluez-utils is more recent than it wants. I have bluez-utils 3.28-0osso7 and it wants 3.28-0osso6.

HELP...how do I force an install?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Interesting... I should have gotten a notice on this for the internal testing... and haven't yet.

Anyway, hopefully the memory leak that was fixed is the one I found, which seemed to be related to the flash plugin. It got VERY annoying.

Originally Posted by frethop View Post
This is very strange.

I tried to upgrade to 5.2008.43-7 and got the error about bluez-utils which prevented installation. I had not installed minigpsd or bluez-utils-test, so I was confused. Through shell access, I installed bluez-utils, thinking that dependencies would be satisfied. It installed just fine.

Now, the update has disappeared from the Application Manager. So, I try to install it through the shell with "apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44" and it still refuses to install because bluez-utils is more recent than it wants. I have bluez-utils 3.28-0osso7 and it wants 3.28-0osso6.

HELP...how do I force an install?
For reasons unknown to me sdk repo seems to have 3.28-0osso7 while the catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com repo has 3.28-0osso6. Disable sdk repository (for good) and try updating. You possibly have to downgrade bluez-utils first

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by luca View Post
No noticeable speed increase here.
I have seen microb speed increases after the last two updates, BUT they vanish over time. Seems to me that SOMEthing is accumulating that slows the browser yet is eliminated with refreshes.

Either that or I'm just crazy. Or both.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Thanks for the link GA (figured that's what it was but I couldn't remember the package name to be able to search for a fix). Unfortunately for me however:
Code:
$ rootsh apt-get install osso-software-version-rx44
[...]
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  osso-software-version-rx44: Depends: libxcomposite1 (= 1:0.3.1-2) but 1:0.4.0-3 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
$ $ dpkg -l|grep libxcomposite1
ii  libxcomposite1 1:0.4.0-3 X11 Composite extension library
Found my problem. I had updated libxcomposite1 from Qole's Random Wallpaper hack. I tried uninstalling it to reinstall the 'standard' version, but it won't let me:

Code:
$ rootsh dpkg -r libxcomposite1
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of libxcomposite1:
 transset-df depends on libxcomposite1 (>= 1:0.3-1).
 setback depends on libxcomposite1.
 hildon-desktop depends on libxcomposite1 (>= 1:0.3-1).
 libhildondesktop0 depends on libxcomposite1 (>= 1:0.3-1).
 xcompmgr depends on libxcomposite1.
 osso-startup-greeting depends on libxcomposite1 (>= 1:0.3-1).
dpkg: error processing libxcomposite1 (--remove):
 dependency problems - not removing
Errors were encountered while processing:
 libxcomposite1
HELP!
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post:
just dpkg -i the standard version

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I have seen microb speed increases after the last two updates, BUT they vanish over time. Seems to me that SOMEthing is accumulating that slows the browser yet is eliminated with refreshes.

Either that or I'm just crazy. Or both.
cache or database buildup?

i recall startups being slow from history buildup, but one of the SSU's introduced a history cap to try and avoid that issue.

beyond that, no clue. altho i recall there being a buildup of page icons as well. but that should not impact rendering speed (in theory)...

modest email is actually useable now. it's still too slow for me, but it works. i noticed a little bump in browsing speed. now if skype would release an update i'd be really happy. i'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by tso View Post
cache or database buildup?

i recall startups being slow from history buildup, but one of the SSU's introduced a history cap to try and avoid that issue.

beyond that, no clue. altho i recall there being a buildup of page icons as well. but that should not impact rendering speed (in theory)...
Is there actually a cache? I can never easily go BACK without seeming to reload the page, I assumed there wasn't one.