Active Topics

Notices

Thanx.

No rush.

Just take your time, and imagine yourself and everyone else eating a wonderful meal at a fancy restaurant, and I'm outside the window staring in at you!

:-)

desiv

p.s. Yes, I know, this is another reason that I should upgrade. :-)
Seriously, no rush. I'm very patient.. :-)

Does anyone know how to get music working with Ultima IV? Rubybox says import settings is available but can't actually find any when I try.

Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Does anyone know how to get music working with Ultima IV? Rubybox says import settings is available but can't actually find any when I try.
Thanks for noticing, changed it to "has no settings". Hopefully someone will export settings for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
Does anyone know how to get music working with Ultima IV?
The original DOS port of Ultima IV has no music or mouse support. There is an upgrade patch available that upgrades the graphics and adds music, but supposedly the patch only works when running the game under Windows.

EDIT: Just for grins I applied the upgrade patch to see if it works. Well it seems to definitely add the music, but not so sure about the updated graphics since I didn't have time to play the game past the intro. Anyway, I put the updated version up for download through RubyBox and also exported some settings to the database that seem to allow the game to run fine with the music and sound. If there are any problems let me know since I haven't thoroughly tested the game.

EDIT2: Yes the graphics are updated in this version too. Even though the update page says it won't run in DOS, it does seem to run fine in DOSBox! Very nice!

Last edited by Pushwall; 2008-04-23 at 18:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Just take your time, and imagine yourself and everyone else eating a wonderful meal at a fancy restaurant, and I'm outside the window staring in at you!
You can stop staring now. RubyBox now works with os2006 with few problems.

For some reason I can't make the settings list to show the loaded settings correctly on os2006. So even though some setting is selected, it lists them all unselected. So when you select a setting that is actually selected, it unselects it. So editing game settings is somewhat hard. But if you change settings for the first time, it should work properly. You can import settings normally, but they are for n8x0, so they are probably too high for 770.

RubyBox doesn't show an icon on task list (believe me, I've tried) so you need to get out of dosbox to get to rubybox again.

Rest should work normally, only slower.

I made the settings device based so you can see the device it was exported from when importing. Also fixed few bugs so everyone should update.

People with the latest version should get it via the update feature. Rest can get it here

Report bugs as usual.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
That did it, thanx!

Of course, DOSBOX is slower on the 770. :-(

Also, xkbd doesn't work in fullscreen (It pops up, but no key strokes are registered. I'll see if there's a newer version) and the default keymap doesn't have cursors, and the DPad isn't moving the character in Ultima IV and Keen1. So, I'll go look for the other xkbd (version and keymaps.) stuff.

Thanx,

desiv

Originally Posted by desiv View Post
That did it, thanx!

Of course, DOSBOX is slower on the 770. :-(

Also, xkbd doesn't work in fullscreen (It pops up, but no key strokes are registered. I'll see if there's a newer version) and the default keymap doesn't have cursors, and the DPad isn't moving the character in Ultima IV and Keen1. So, I'll go look for the other xkbd (version and keymaps.) stuff.

Thanx,

desiv
Yes, xkbd is flaky. Try disabling the fullscreen from settings (enable in your case ) and press save. Start the game in window and use the fullscreen button to go to fullscreen if that works in 770's dosbox.

Small update to RubyBox. Fixed a game launch bug and added an automatic scan feature. Just copy new games/apps to either memory card and use the scan feature to add them to RubyBox. Get it here or use the automatic update feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Is it my imagination or does XKBD work fine now when games are launched full-screen? I've tested a few that had problems before and now they seem to work fine. I'm going to test again tomorrow to make sure. If so, this is a MAJOR update to RubyBox and I give a HUGE thank-you to ukki!

Sorry to disappoint you Push, I don't think this helps with that. I only fixed launching games that had spaces in their paths.

Last edited by ukki; 2008-05-20 at 03:53.