Active Topics

Notices

How do I get???link???? thanksss im lazy but no service on n900 so internet is sketchy goin from pg to pg

why is cap long always on? cant log into facebook

Trying it right now

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Really really positive surprise. The browser works like a charm. Next step is someone (me?) to do a maemo extension that adds:

* Portrait mode
* Bigger font on the address bar
* More touch gestures

Any building instructions or source for this build, so that we can contribute maemo specific fixes?

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Chromium works fine in portrait using xrandr -o left in debian chroot

How is this not in extras-devel already? Good work .

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Has anyone tried the Sunspider Javascript test yet? I'd like to know if Chromium gets a better score than Firefox with the Tracemonkey engine.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Just a heads up. I put in a fresh battery yesterday evening, surfed in bed on Chromium for maybe 30 mins. Left a page open (with flash disabled), but my battery was almost empty after the night, when typically it should still be at least 85%. So Chrome might suck a lot of battery while "idling with an open window".

I also notice that the Touch Extension that gives you kinetic scrolling really works only after the page has completely loaded and CPU utilization has gone down. For some reason, CPU utilization hangs at 100% for maybe 10 seconds after the page has loaded completely after every link I click and during that 10 secs I can't seem to interact with the UI very well.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
When changing from-to fullscreen mode, I run after n900 boot Easy Debian's "Set Deb HW keys" script, so ctrl+space switch between modes (Chromium or any app you want to manage at full-screen)
BUT is possible to get fullscreen without loose page tabs?

Last edited by rpgAmazon; 2010-04-10 at 17:56.

how do u zoom in chromium? lol

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser