Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
I'm not sure the device in use problem is kp48 related.

Last time I experienced this problem I had a queen beecon accessing images in MyDocs..
When you connect by usb make sure there are no open programs running (like filebox) which may be accessing MyDocs.
Try connecting immediately after rebooting the phone as the desktop loads.

The only other way to access your system reliably is to install OpenSSH-server from the repository, and connect to it wirelessly using WinSCP.
there you go.thnx for replying.but to connect via WinSCP and OpenSSH i need to hav bluetooth in my PC ryt?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
there you go.thnx for replying.but to connect via WinSCP and OpenSSH i need to hav bluetooth in my PC ryt?
no ssh uses wifi if your connected to your router you can use your pc to browse all files on phone, have a look here all the info you will need .

ssh wiki page

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
crap.i dont have a router...**** m dead...no other way?

Does your PC have a WiFi card built in? If it does you night be able to create an AdHoc Wifi connection without a router.. http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2008...-hoc-wifi.html

Getting back to the USB problem. Have you tried connecting the phone during reboot?
You can try connecting in PC Suite mode, or If all else fails reflash your N900. Maemo will be back to factory reset, but your mails, call history, SMS messages and files should still be intact on the eMMC and MyDocs.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@ pail: Who is the author of compcache notify patch? I want to ask him some questions re other changes introduced with it

@others - semi-success with compcache, with "swap free notifications" disabled and some kernel cache management patches it seems to work stable, I've been able to use 160MB ramzswap0 device with no obvious problems. Later on will post kernel and compcache patches here, so anyone interested to be able to test them. Enabling notifications always leads to crash, still have no idea what the reason is.
Back to the matter at hand, I'd be happy to test any new patches for compcache

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
do you even fcking know the meaning of spamming? why the fck wont i seek help if i have problems.and its not something that the problem is very weird or no one ever had this problem. if you cant help then i guess you should keep your fcking mouth shut.thats the best thing for you to do.i cant connect my phone via usb.do you even know how frustrating it is?
No idea what exactly your (USB) problem is, but PLEASE watch your mouth.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
If your N900 is connected (has a publicly accessible IP address) and your computer/laptop too, then you can use SSH.

You say you don't have a router, but can we assume that you have a computer connected via ADSL/dial-up/cable/... ?

If so, try to start the SSH server on your N900 and connect from your PC. Report any errors you get (preferably in another thread, as your problem is 99.99999% not related to KP48 or any kernel for that matter).

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I confirm this problem - more precisely, You *can* save file edited as root, but reboot occur, when You try to "save as" - it happens all the time, exactly before moment, when prompt for location should pop-up.

I've also installed latest Busybox power, so I'm also not sure which one - kp48 or busybox - cause this oddity.
Yes, you can save root owned files in leafpad, but not when you started leafpad as user, cause then the "save as" requester appears, normaly.

I also have busybox installed, but not updated it after I installed v48, so the reboot is caused by v48 handling the segfault (like Estel said) different then v47.

do you even fcking know the meaning of spamming? why the fck wont i seek help if i have problems.and its not something that the problem is very weird or no one ever had this problem. if you cant help then i guess you should keep your fcking mouth shut.thats the best thing for you to do.i cant connect my phone via usb.do you even know how frustrating it is?
When you repeat the same thing 4-5 times in a row - its spamming, something you have a history of doing on this forum.

Needless to say, your problem probably isn't even related to kernel-power since you use patches/tweaks of conspicuous nature.
The only way to test is if you reflash your phone and install kernel-power only and nothing else but you are not willing to do that - hence, stop spamming this thread.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
i hav lan card.not wifi card. my pc is connctd via intrnet cable.broadband connection

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou