Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
It's absolutely normal behaviour you described.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
I would prefer to say: "it's the way it's written". But from the end user perspective, that's all but logical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Europe
@romu
check in the apps pages if the repective repository is still activated.
I had it already two times that warehouse lost track of all repositories.
Then you have to enable each single repository before the update procedure works again as you expect.

I don't know why this happens and it happened both times during the night so I could never "see" it happen.

I also currently have another bug: When I click "view full list" the app gets stuck. I can wait several ours but the list never gets completed. I think there is a dependency loop that doesn't get resolved. But I'm guessing here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatsJolla For This Useful Post:
This is getting off-topic in this thread (better in Openrepos-thread), but I can confirm the problems (or "oddities" or whatever you want to call it) in Warehouse app and also using pkcon update:

Since some point a few weeks ago (I THINK this was already before OS update), Warehouse (and also "pkcon refresh && pkcon update) don't show any available updates. Warehouse app shows the "Updates available" remorse timer, but clicking on it shows a blank update page ("queue is empty").
When I then open open the "recent updates" page and click on a recently changed app that I have installed on my system, the app's description page shows me that a newer version of the app is available, giving me the option to upgrade.

I can reproduce that e.g. with the "search engines for Sailfish browser" app that was posted as an example before.
Repository is enabled.

This is not only one app, but apparently ALL apps installed from openrepos that behave this way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
I also seem to be having a problem with Patchmanager.

I have the latest version of Sailfish installed (1.1.6.27). I installed Warehouse from Openrepos RPM file (0.3-30) yesterday and then went on to install some apps like MeeCast, PowerMenu2, Dolphin Keyboard, etc.

Then I installed Patchmanager with some patches. Afterwards I tried to start Patchmanager, but it didn't respond (it keeps showing the loading screen with the spinning circle). I rebooted the device, still it won't start. Then I thought ok, time to retry. So, I tried to remove all the patches and the patchmanager itself, however, I get an error while trying to remove. I searched through this thread and I couldn't find that anyone had a similar problem.

The error I get is:
Code:
Extra details:
Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.kD5ZPt: line 2: //: is a directory
error: 0x44bea0e4reun(sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl: erase failed
This error occures when trying to remove 2 patches through Warehouse: Gallery Image Zoom and Calendar Cover Upcoming. They both give exactly the same error.

So I tried to completely remove the patchmanager and patches through Terminal by following the instructions in this post by coderus. However, when trying:
Code:
pkcon remove ausmt
I get the same error (slightly differently formulated):
Code:
Starting
Removing packages
Resolving dependencies
Removing packages
Fatal error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.gdaLee:  line 2: //: is a directory
error: 0x457e50e4reun(sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl: erase failed
No idea what to do now. Does anyone have a clue maybe?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Seems to be a problem with the sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl patch, have you tried removing it?

Code:
pkcon remove sailfishos-gallery-zoom

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Seems to be a problem with the sailfishos-gallery-zoom-0.0.3-1.armv7hl patch, have you tried removing it?

Code:
pkcon remove sailfishos-gallery-zoom
Yeah sorry, forgot to mention that. I already tried it and it gives the exact same error.

Alright, for anyone experiencing the same error as I described above; I managed to fix it!

I succeeded simply by disabling the Patchmanager and Gallery Zoom patch repositories (Sfiet_Konstantin and Ancelad, respectively). After I did this, I did a 'pkcon refresh' in Terminal, and magically Patchmanager started without a problem. I then was able to remove the rebelling Gallery Zoom patch by performing 'pkcon remove sailfishos-gallery-zoom'.

All works fine now. Hope this can be of use to anybody else

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Patch for showing calendar events on the lockscreen is ready. on open repos
https://openrepos.net/content/anig/p...nts-lockscreen

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
@anig my heroe!

Some personal feedback:
  • Thanks, it a great first step!
  • I think it could be better with a smaller font
  • Like for the MeeCast widget, I'm not fan at all about the surrounding frame, would be nice to try with just a left border

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os