Active Topics

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Hey pali, any chance you can promote kp47 to extras-testing for the rest of use who don't want to live on the bleeding edge?
Second this request. The main reason i upgraded to v48 was compcache but that is still unstable it seems so i'd appreciate if v47 was available trough ham as well.

Hi,

how much space does kernel-power-flasher need on rootfs (or possibly other partitions)?

I get
Setting up kernel-power-flasher (1:2.6.28-10power48) ...
sh: write error: No space left on device
dpkg: error processing kernel-power-flasher (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
kernel-power-flasher
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
while having 19.3 MiB free space on rootfs, and another 600 on home. Thought that should be enough...?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Second this request. The main reason i upgraded to v48 was compcache but that is still unstable it seems so i'd appreciate if v47 was available trough ham as well.
http://code.google.com/p/compcache/w...ingAndUsingNew
...do we need lzo_compress / lzo_decompress too?

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
hi,
I upgraded from v47 to v48 from fam, everything is allright,
except this bug: open xterm and stay as user, then open a file with leafpad which is owned by root, then edit the file and press ctrl-s to save it, this leads to a reboot under v48, it worked under v47.

The Following User Says Thank You to bitrocky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
http://code.google.com/p/compcache/w...ingAndUsingNew
...do we need lzo_compress / lzo_decompress too?
No, lzo is compiled with kernel. And the problem with compcache is that it is not stable on ARM, once ramzswap becomes full odd things start to happen (kenel oops, BUG: scheduling while atomic, oom killed processes, segmentation faults, etc. ). Currently I am trying to make it stable, no success so far.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
unfortunately i am having the same issue as here has been explained. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1296kp48 with stock nokia kernel.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@guilledoc,

Assuming that SmartReflex has no influence in this, the only difference w.r.t. my configuration is that I have ignore_nice_load=0 (default). You could maybe try changing that.

I would also be good if you could post the contents of /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state (so you can see how long your N900 has spent at each speed)

i see less battery life. m using karam's speed and battery patch

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i see less battery life. m using karam's speed and battery patch
1. Reflash your phone, DO NOT INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE
2. Test it.
3. Reinstall KP v48. DO NOT CHANGE KERNEL SETTINGS
4. Test it.
5. If there is any issue with battery life, report here.

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
okay.will do it.a new problem.i mentioned earlier that i cannot connect via usb.this problem is still there.dint get any solution.and one more thng.i came home with 29 percent.wanted to connect via usb.bt could not.then i rebooted my phone.the charge was 35 percent.how come? and still i cudnt connect it via usb----device storage in use.please help

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou