Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Stop it, Davie. There's almost no existing thread where you were positively contributing.
Sure it is. In this thread defending and supporting our select ed council while several people want the winner to give away their prizes which to me is trolling.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You might not be one, but you're in the company of unsavory people/person. You have a problem with that, solve the bigger issue - at least one of you has lost the trust people in this community. That's the consequence for those types of actions.

Earn the trust back or complain about it ad nauseum or ignore it. It's not a problem if you have a clear conscience.
I might not be? Yeah, you are right of course.

Who the hell do you think you are to preach me, some kind of moral foundation? Do you think of me like I am some 15 years old teenager you should unveil the ultimate answer to? Am I preaching you? Why do you think you are in a position to judge who is a liar and who is unsavory. Which community you speak on the behalf of?

What I express here is what I think and know, take it or leave it. I wont bent my mind for as long as I think I am right. And will apologize with all my heart once being proven wrong. Do it. Prove me wrong.

And if you don't trust me, well, I don't care. Really.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't think Estel or anybody giving up their device needs to happen. That's rather unrealistic and won't simply happen.

Instead... we know that there was a slight conflict of interest. It's been blown up way too big, but defended even in a bigger way.

The rest, I kindly request that we all allow cooler heads to prevail. Please.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Which community you speak on the behalf of?
I have stated more than once that I can only speak for myself.

Well, unlike some of those who accuse me of being a liar and some others accusing the Council of having a financial interest in CA, I actually read what is written. Here you are:

You might not be one, but you're in the company of unsavory people/person. You have a problem with that, solve the bigger issue - at least one of you has lost the trust people in this community. That's the consequence for those types of actions.

Earn the trust back or complain about it ad nauseum or ignore it. It's not a problem if you have a clear conscience.
I have stated more than once that I can only speak for myself.
Anyway, thanks for all the fish. I won't participate in that soap opera anymore.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, unlike some of those who accuse me of being a liar and some others accusing the Council of having a financial interest in CA, I actually read what is written. Here you are:
You've read the thread. Some people are stating what I said. You asked, I didn't deny nor confirm it. Some people are showing in this thread how well they trust you people (Council) - it reads to me like very little if at all due to the actions of the person at question.

Are you a liar? Don't know, I said you maybe one. Maybe not.

At this moment, I don't particularly have enough reason to trust in the Council to endeavor an answer.

Like it or not, it's because you're associated with that individual. Like we say in the USA - if you lay down with dogs, you might get fleas.

And you're the second person from the Council to state that you don't care what I think. Starting to think that's another reason why you people (Council) think you could have done whatever you wished.

Who knows. By now, nobody cares. I'm done with this thread and this corrupt Council. You do not represent me in the least.

Continue to line your pockets, speak to the people of this forum in anyway you wish when they disagree with you and if they condemn you due to perceived collusion, attack them until they're as apathetic and weak as your morals seem to be.

Good job!

And yes, the above was an exercise in hyperbole. I truly just do not trust you guys any longer. No real reason to, no benefit to doing so. None of you really... but that's my take away from this all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You've read the thread. Some people are stating what I said. You asked, I didn't deny nor confirm it. Some people are showing in this thread how well they trust you people (Council) - it reads to me like very little if at all due to the actions of the person at question.

Are you a liar? Don't know, I said you maybe one. Maybe not.

At this moment, I don't particularly have enough reason to trust in the Council to endeavor an answer.

Like it or not, it's because you're associated with that individual. Like we say in the USA - if you lay down with dogs, you might get fleas.

And you're the second person from the Council to state that you don't care what I think. Starting to think that's another reason why you people (Council) think you could have done whatever you wished.

Who knows. By now, nobody cares. I'm done with this thread and this corrupt Council. You do not represent me in the least.

Continue to line your pockets, speak to the people of this forum in anyway you wish when they disagree with you and if they condemn you due to perceived collusion, attack them until they're as apathetic and weak as your morals seem to be.

Good job!

And yes, the above was an exercise in hyperbole. I truly just do not trust you guys any longer. No real reason to, no benefit to doing so. None of you really... but that's my take away from this all.
Pal, you are pathetic, you even didn't make the effort to check who are the members of the current council

http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Community_Council

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Then I stand corrected.

Regardless, the damage has been done in regards to what I stated. Folks like Jaffa, qole et al have past tense represented this forum in a better way.

In regards to the one person you're seemingly taken up for - he's a waste of my time mainly due to his disregard to treating people with respect.

I know that will bring another vitriol-laden response, I've stated earlier in this thread before you took exception to my earlier statement. Lie, don't lie. Serve the community or serve yourself. It doesn't matter really.

The damage has been done, imho.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I'm sorry for the ambiguity, i meant the one that Estel was allocated of. (if the accusation prove to be true which seems it is)
I think you missed a post. The accusation against Estel by SD69 was a misinterpretation of what was said in other e-mails and communications. Estel said quite clearly, very early on, that he was participating.

I think you and Gerbick both missed this point.

And yes, there was some internal spitting going on with this topic too. So congrats to all on not only ripping the community apart, but also sewing disharmony in the group that's supposed to be working together to keep things going and keep the lights on, should that be needed in 6 months. Bravo.

What's that group of farmers with the pitchforks over there doing? And why are they carrying torches?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Really? I until now I've been reading and listening to what you've been saying. To lump everyone in without knowing details (or making up your own) is bad bad enough. Not even knowing who's on Council while forming opinions about "them"? (Btw: Yes, I'm on Council.)

I wise person once told me that I should take the time to learn about things before I comment on them. And that I should know the history of things before judging others for their current actions, which may be based on that history. I'd reference the post, but it's so old it's in the archives at this point... I wonder now where that person went.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove