Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
So you trust whatsapp with your private conversations and your whole address book, but not with your mobile number?
Ops, you are right. Conversations are not a huge problem for me, but sharing my address book is another big reason for not using whatsapp. I would need to have a separate address book for it, wich is more difficult to happen. Long live to gtalk!!! XD

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
hey dcastro sent you a PM

Soon Whatsapp on the N9! Great!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dontales For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Soon, more data for Whatsapp inc for selling to spammers! Great (for them)! ¬¬

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Blahblahblah
Dude, just... c'mon

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by dcastrog View Post
nice! is there any challenge at the login (how are we going to login, with what password)??
Although it would be nice addition for many users, but I find no advantage for having the password chosen/entered manually (yet).

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Whats the point of binary coding (I'm assuming this is base64) the stanzas first?

Are you sure it's not just GZIP compression?

BTW - impressed with the client, it looks basic, but impressive non-the-less.

EDIT:: Google talk video calling is also available on the ovi store.
Well one advantage is that tags and attributes are maintained mainly on server and client side. And so you'd only send and receive references to these data to use to reconstruct a stanza. This means less data transfer over the network..

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Will this end as a proper Pidgin or IM plugin, or do we go the Android/iOS route with individual "apps" for every function/service? (not that i will use it, just curious if there's a change in approach for Maemo)
Whatsapp has some features which aren't going to be available or utilized if implemented as a plugin. For example; message delivery to server and delivery to friend indicators. It might eventually end up as both (a standalone app and a plugin), however, my priority now is a standalone app.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
just a quick question, does it support push notification?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
well, in my opinion a plugin looks like a cleaner option for MeeGo/Harmattan, but the "received message" confirmation is a core feature of whatsapp, something that might only be achieved with the stand alone app. I will use either app

The Following User Says Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Although it would be nice addition for many users, but I find no advantage for having the password chosen/entered manually (yet).

Well one advantage is that tags and attributes are maintained mainly on server and client side. And so you'd only send and receive references to these data to use to reconstruct a stanza. This means less data transfer over the network..

Whatsapp has some features which aren't going to be available or utilized if implemented as a plugin. For example; message delivery to server and delivery to friend indicators. It might eventually end up as both (a standalone app and a plugin), however, my priority now is a standalone app.
Can we also get the whatsapp info integrated into the system? That would be amazing, like a vibrate function for messages and a message on the lockscreen? For the N9 of course. OMG.... YES!

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
i thought this was a developer thread?? theres another thread in the forum if some guys want to rant and rave...

I'm not a developer but just watching this thread with interest. Lets not spam this thread and let the developers get on with it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls