Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Hi, just found and installed this for the first time (0.8-1). I've added a number of copies of the widget and all but one were rotating just fine. Tried a reboot to see if the final one would work and now none of them do!

How can I check what's going wrong?

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by dmcconachie View Post
Hi, just found and installed this for the first time (0.8-1). I've added a number of copies of the widget and all but one were rotating just fine. Tried a reboot to see if the final one would work and now none of them do!

How can I check what's going wrong?
a) How many copies?

b) If you add the eyes widget, are they moving?

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Oops, appears I only had 0.7-1 installed! Must not have refreshed the repos before installing. Got 0.8-1 now and it appears to be working!

Thanks anyway v13!

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
An essential apps

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
can u modify the app so it has " sub menus " ?
i whould love it if it whould look like this :

multimedia : apps ..
system : apps ..
etc ..

and each of them whould fold aside , i dont want to have lots of icons on my desktop.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Tested and works like a charm.
Installing, reinstalling or rebooting, I haven't seen the widgets disappear any more.

For the bright future of this application, how about adding contacts and favourites?

Rotation Works awesome!!!.. Thanks..

A small request that will make the rotation flawless..

So now if the icons are in landscape.. i swipe to next desktop and rotate those to portrait.. When i swipe back to the previous desktop it switches instantly to portrait too..

If that can also rotate it would be great.. a lot of ppl might find the rotation to be slow and cumbersome but it makes it looks awesome..

So in short.. All swaps between portrait and landscape be rotation..

Thanks again for the awesome app..

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
For the bright future of this application, how about adding contacts and favourites?
I've this on my mind too, but don't hold your breath. A lot of things need to be done to support contacts. Bookmarks could be easier but are still not the target of DrLaunch.

Perhaps those features could be implemented with another widget.

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rnb89 View Post
Rotation Works awesome!!!.. Thanks..

A small request that will make the rotation flawless..

So now if the icons are in landscape.. i swipe to next desktop and rotate those to portrait.. When i swipe back to the previous desktop it switches instantly to portrait too..
That's not a bug (tm) . The code takes care to do this on purpose to avoid delays when the user changes desktops. I could add an option for that in a next release.

I'd appreciate some comments on this. Do you prefer instant or animated rotation when animated rotation is enabled and user changes desktop?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I always use instant rotation.

Maybe I've found a little bug. I have 2 Dr Launch widgets in the same desktop. After a while one of them stop autorotating but the other worked without any problem. Buttons still worked, I tried to reconfigure, use animation, but nothing changed.

I had to remove and re-add the non-rotating widget and it began to work again.

Still testing.