Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
my exp with agps.
i've set it up to connect to my cellphone connection

launched Map application, it automatically connected via cellphone (having told so).
while it was connecting the map showed one sat in view.
then the internet conn was on...boom 6 satellites (with no signal), few seconds and 3 of them had strong signal and few more seconds...voilą...fix got

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
My advice would be to clone your current OS to SD, then reflash with Diablo. That way you got a fallback, if somethings don't work well at first.
I have cloned my OS to SD and have been using this as my primary OS. Are you suggesting that I flash the cloned OS or the Flash OS? If I flash the main AKA "Flash" OS will I lose boot selection screen on start up? I hope my terminology is clear. Thanks,

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
They didn't.
so its a glitch....damn....or is the software misreporting

Disapointed with GPS stil taking some huge amount of time to get a fix

Interesting about sudo; do you still need to set the root password somehow, or is it set to rootme as before?

(One hopes the new device setup prompts for a root password or something? Oh well, always lock your device before you leave it laying somewhere, anyway...)

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
i bought my tablet about week ago. Sudo worked out-of-box and boot from sd worked with no problem. now i flashed it to diablo and i cant use sudo or dualboot

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Hey, after installing my backup and going into "Connectivity settings", the device locks up. It happens either way through control panel or the drop-down on the wifi applet.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know how I can reset the connectivity items without reflashing?

Thanks.

Ookay, question: Wasn't that telepathy-haze stuff going to be in Diablo?
I can't find it in the application manager (I have removed the various beta repositories I had when running Chinook). Is there a particular repository I should add to get this stuff, or should I just be patient?

Also, I get an error when trying to install Sametime Support, that packages needed for installation are missing:
flash-and-reboot (=3)
initfs-flasher (= 0.95.16-200823maemo2)
kernel-diablo-flasher (=2.6.21-200823maemo3)
gstreamer0.10-plugins-extra (>= 0.10.6-0osso22-1)
libmeanwhile1 (>= 1.0.0)

Can anyone else confim that, or is it just me?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Is it possible to someway use sudo?
what is the password?

i am just a beginner and i know it...

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
If you find problems please file them at http://bugs.maemo.org

While writing this there have been five bugs submitted after the release, and actually most problems raised here are still not listed there.

You can also help commenting on bugs, confirming, completing information, triaging duplicates... Sometimes bug handling is even funnier than forujms and mailing lists.

Thank you!

Last edited by qgil; 2008-06-24 at 18:06.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post: