Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ hampshire
Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
Head office vs. one store = same difference. Still has to be re-sent once in the UK, which explains part of the delay.

Where would MPD be getting them if it wasn't directly through Nokia though? They've only been out a short while, and as an official Nokia reseller in the UK, it would make sense that they came from Nokia, seeing as no-one else has them yet... I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just want more info! Otherwise the 27th/28th seems unlikely if they have to go from Nokia to someone else to the head office to the webshop store to us... Maybe next year would be more likely?!
haha some one has no patience and doesnt listen very well.

Nokia will send them to MPD that will before the 27/28. Nokia stores will have them before the 27/28 probably two three days before. On the 27/28th they will start selling them and sending them to customers therefore aslong as the timetable i know and have been told is right you will have them by the 29/30th.

Also if you cant get through to the webshop hang up and dail again every twenty seconds its is a store and webshop in one so they are busy with lots of calls and put calls on silent f they cant get to it so do the twenty second rule and you will get through otherwise you will be just a flashing phone with an impatient customer on the otherside asking the same questions thousands of other people apart from at Nokia Head office dont know the answer too.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by murlan9 View Post
haha some one has no patience and doesnt listen very well.

Nokia will send them to MPD that will before the 27/28. Nokia stores will have them before the 27/28 probably two three days before. On the 27/28th they will start selling them and sending them to customers therefore aslong as the timetable i know and have been told is right you will have them by the 29/30th.

Also if you cant get through to the webshop hang up and dail again every twenty seconds its is a store and webshop in one so they are busy with lots of calls and put calls on silent f they cant get to it so do the twenty second rule and you will get through otherwise you will be just a flashing phone with an impatient customer on the otherside asking the same questions thousands of other people apart from at Nokia Head office dont know the answer too.
From what you are saying then we should get the phones BEFORE the MPD stated date of 3rd Dec?????

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
From what you are saying then we should get the phones BEFORE the MPD stated date of 3rd Dec?????
You may be lucky it just depends where you are on the list and the exact date they come out. Nokia stores are quoted 27/28th but that could change by a few days but, i genuenly think you will you have to remember if they release it on a friday and saturday you wont get it sent out till the monday because of the post.

Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
I know I have been one of the first to actally slag MPD off- and with good reason to press- but why exactly are you cancelling now?

To be fair- they have now emailed everyone, laid the cards on the table, given you a date when they are expecting the devices in and a date when they expect to send them out to you (and therefore a rough date, depending on the delivery option you chose as to what day you should recieve it). The Nokia.co.uk customers are receiving theirs which have been sent out as planned this week, so you know it's on it's way, so you don't think it sounds to sense to wait and see if it at least turns up on the first date that they've mailed out?
Yes, I know- I'm pissed off with waiting- believe me I'm the most impatient person I know- but I don't get your logic. sorry.
After seeing all of the issues raised on here (broken MIC and Endless Reboots, Bricked device etc,etc) and the treatment NUKNUK has been shown by Nokia when trying to replace his day 1, dead handset.

As there's high chance of getting a dud....

I have ZERO confidence in MPD resolving these sort of issues as they dont respond to calls, mails or webchat (when it's working!)

I am not willing to accept "take it to a Nokia repair centre" for a brand new device.

Of course you take your chances....... but this is one step too far for me.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by jackabite View Post
After seeing all of the issues raised on here (broken MIC and Endless Reboots, Bricked device etc,etc) and the treatment NUKNUK has been shown by Nokia when trying to replace his day 1, dead handset.

I have ZERO confidence in MPD resolving these sort of issues as they dont respond to calls, mails or webchat (when it's working!)

I am not willing to accept "take it to a Nokia repair centre" for a brand new device.

Yes, fair enough- I figured it would be that.

Originally Posted by jackabite View Post

pay a bit extra and buy it from a shop then!!! If you buy it from the web for a cheap deal you will get cheap service. Go into a Nokia store and buy one there where the service will be alot better.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by murlan9 View Post
pay a bit extra and buy it from a shop then!!! If you buy it from the web for a cheap deal you will get cheap service. Go into a Nokia store and buy one there where the service will be alot better.
Anyone fancy firing off a mail to MPD asking what their policy is if the device arrives with a fault?
I would, but I've bothered them so much, its taking them days to reply to me now...

edit - Anyone else thinking of cancelling? I would if there was a better device out now, but there isn't and I want a n900 really..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

OK I hate going into shops at the best of times and avoid Mobile Phone Shops like the plague!. From my experience I get far better service from online....

I had place the order with Amazon orginaly but changed my order when Nokia pushed the delivery dates back and MPD promised to have an Exclusive on the device.

Nokia has about 5 shops in the UK - none of which are close to me, so I would have to travel to and from the shop each time.

Also I'd point out that NUKNUK bought from Nokia Online which you would expect the same or better level of service as in shop.

None of this matters to me anymore as I have cancelled my order. I wish you all the best of luck with your purchases.

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Anyone fancy firing off a mail to MPD asking what their policy is if the device arrives with a fault?
I would, but I've bothered them so much, its taking them days to reply to me now...

edit - Anyone else thinking of cancelling? I would if there was a better device out now, but there isn't and I want a n900 really..
No matter what you buy all companies need to abide by distance selling regulations, no matter what their policy is.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
So tonights game is. Only one person wanted to play eye spy last night.

There seems to be a few negative posts on this site. Who is seriously considering cancelling?

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2