Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
hi pycage

i have started working on a audio stream recording plugin for mediabox-is it possible to do or am i wasting my time-any tips on how to go about it

ed
How are you recording the stream? Using gstreamer or pulseaudio? It should be doable. The plugin framework of MediaBox is pretty flexible.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
meanwhile MediaBox home widget for Diablo is in extras-devel. testing is highly appreciated.
I can't get it to appear on the desktop at all. I can select it in the Home menu but it won't appear. I already tried rebooting the device, but it didn't help at all.

EDIT: I got it working. It wants the default theme in /home/user/MyDocs/theme/default for some reason. I copied it over from /opt/mediabox/theme/default and it started up.

Last edited by pycage; 2010-07-19 at 18:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
thank you so much, the latest version of your application has given my n900 a new lease of life, in particular I'm now able to play my favourite online radio station with the n900.

the build in n900 internet radio software is just un-usable as it times out at every possibly interruption and tries to find a new station, even with a wifi 50mb connection.

By the way the youtube implementation looks cool, i had done a search for lady gaga videos, and after playing the video which i wanted, it played the next on the the search, cool

Thank you.

I have found what looks like a possible bug while trying to delete a bad internet radio station entry (3rd on the list), it deletes the station at the top od the list, instead of the deleting the station highlighted.

do anyone know why MAFW is not working? for me my music file opens, the cover is showing but no playback.

when i change from MAFW to mplayer the music starts playing

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Does this happen with all videos?
What exactly is wrong?
Does mplayer started on its own behave differently when using the mplayer backend in MediaBox?
Can you upload such a video somewhere so that I am able to reproduce the problem?
Hiya pycage.

I've mentioned this before, but it looks like mplayer through your Mediabox is software scaling the video rather than hardware scaling it.

Maybe the software scaling chews up more CPU because my tablet just can't seem to handle it. They all work fine directly from mplayer though.

Here's a test video for you to try.

http://www.mediafire.com/?omjml2zm4ih

Thanks for listening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Do you mean something like what you get when you go to [Music -> Folders -> All Tracks] ?
No, because there the tracks are sorted on track name. I mean the track title, like in the default player.

How are you recording the stream? Using gstreamer or pulseaudio? It should be doable. The plugin framework of MediaBox is pretty flexible.
i am using gstreamer -have you worked with gstreamer before-any tips

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hey pycage,

Just ran into an issue on my new N900. I opened MediaBox and tapped on the banner screen. It says "media scanning complete"

I then tapped storage and network, and the shelf comes up with the spinner, but it doesn't seem to go any further...After 5 minutes or so, I had to open a terminal and kill it, because tapping the close X didn't do anything.

Thoughts?

--vr

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
I can't get it to appear on the desktop at all. I can select it in the Home menu but it won't appear. I already tried rebooting the device, but it didn't help at all.

EDIT: I got it working. It wants the default theme in /home/user/MyDocs/theme/default for some reason. I copied it over from /opt/mediabox/theme/default and it started up.
I just forgot to fix that path
I just got a symlink /home/user/MyDocs/theme that points to MediaBox theme folder due to difference between SVN and Extras versions that had been some time ago.
Gonna upload new version tonight

Last edited by 412b; 2010-07-20 at 18:25.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
What's the purpose of the banner screen? Is there any way to skip it and go directly to the shelf?

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules