Hi all, I have this problem with the MFE server where I can send regular text emails, but once i put in a small attachment it cannto send, It says send failed. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hi,

I am trying to configure my Exchange Server email in My N900 , That is what i meant OWA. But when I am trying to configure, it doesn't work. But with the same settings I am able to configure other phones like IPHONE & etc.

Originally Posted by rrdbala View Post
Hi,

I am trying to configure my Exchange Server email in My N900 , That is what i meant OWA. But when I am trying to configure, it doesn't work. But with the same settings I am able to configure other phones like IPHONE & etc.
I had the same problem and it was working with HTC.

1) Is seems that the N900 need a real SSL certificate HTC & other Nokia does not need this. You can get a certificate at www.startssl.com for free or buy one from an other source.

2) The next problem i had was that the N900 said it was not compatible with my exchange server. I Solved this problem by updating my Exchange Server 2003 to SP2, witch i should have done a long time ago I think that this is the oldest version supported. You can find the guide on google to update the Exchange server.

3) The sync of my calender was in-responsive and after 6 hours is completed. After completion the desktop went unresponsive, and the calender was unable to start up. It was due to several old appointments in my calender was made recursive. I solved this problem by deleting the Mail For Exchange account on the N900, downloaded Nokia PC-Suite and deleting the appointments in the N900, and then I deleted the old appointments in my outlook calender (be careful not to delete the right ones!) Last i re-sync again.

Last edited by jokn74; 2010-02-22 at 19:44.

Has anyone mentioned a bug where their sent folder in their exchange account includes sent emails from other accounts? I have a gmail account set up using Nokia messaging and sent emails using my gmail account are showing up in my sent folder in my exchange account.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kbeeveer46 View Post
Has anyone mentioned a bug where their sent folder in their exchange account includes sent emails from other accounts? I have a gmail account set up using Nokia messaging and sent emails using my gmail account are showing up in my sent folder in my exchange account.
Are they actually showing up on the server? I thought that the sent folder was only local (see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2557)

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kcman123 View Post
Hi all, I have this problem with the MFE server where I can send regular text emails, but once i put in a small attachment it cannto send, It says send failed. Does anyone else have this issue?
i forgot to mention that this problem only occurs with T-mobile GPRS and not with WIFI. Wifi it is okay with attachments and such, but with T-Mobile's gprs service it has a problem with sending attachments.

I'm struggling to get MfE to work on my N900. If I go to the OWA url in the in-phone browser I get "Secure Connection Failed" blahblah.com uses an invalid security certificate. It is invalid because it is self signed

Does this have an impact on MfE?

Originally Posted by cjard View Post
I'm struggling to get MfE to work on my N900. If I go to the OWA url in the in-phone browser I get "Secure Connection Failed" blahblah.com uses an invalid security certificate. It is invalid because it is self signed

Does this have an impact on MfE?
You'll need to import the certificate into the phone for MfE to work with it, and you can only import CA certificates (i.e. certificates with the CA flag set). Most self-signed certificates won't have this flag set so can't be imported & used with MfE.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I've read through this entire thread, and several ones on other forums - and am still having no luck with getting my n900 to talk to Exchange 2003.

Maybe I'm missing something - if I am i'd really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Current Settings:

Firmware: 3.2010.02-8.002
Exchange 2003 (unsure of the service pack)
Exchange works on older Nokia E-Series
Certificate is registered in Certificate Manager for use with Email, WLAN and Server. Cert is self-signed
Tried adding the symlink to the certifcate folder but was told the File already existed

And I am getting the classic double error of

"Exchange account disabled. Access Refused"
"Error in communication with exchange server"

Any ideas - have I missed something obvious?

Originally Posted by hantakage View Post
I've read through this entire thread, and several ones on other forums - and am still having no luck with getting my n900 to talk to Exchange 2003.

Maybe I'm missing something - if I am i'd really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Current Settings:

Firmware: 3.2010.02-8.002
Exchange 2003 (unsure of the service pack)
Exchange works on older Nokia E-Series
Certificate is registered in Certificate Manager for use with Email, WLAN and Server. Cert is self-signed
Tried adding the symlink to the certifcate folder but was told the File already existed

And I am getting the classic double error of

"Exchange account disabled. Access Refused"
"Error in communication with exchange server"

Any ideas - have I missed something obvious?
That looks like your Exchange server is set not to work with non-provisionable devices (see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8452).

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!