Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
I've watched these PS1 emulators for a while, and finally psx4m with GPU acceleration gives decent performance with GTA1.

The only problem is that CD-Audio does not work with psx4m. It works fine with pscx-reArmed.

Is this a known problem or is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
luiscesjr: all this variant out of my knowledge ( i can't remove any vertex cuz it make video ugly, textures - strange colors)
yeap, Notaz create a good emu core, i still haven't full options list in gui and can't get gles plugin to work.

MrWeasel: i include 2 cores for this: when one refuse to work you can use another, when one is very slow you can use another ...
you can try to check all options one by one (cdda in advanced tab is presented)

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
MrWeasel: i include 2 cores for this: when one refuse to work you can use another, when one is very slow you can use another ...
you can try to check all options one by one (cdda in advanced tab is presented)
I know, but pscx is still too slow, so I guess I'll have to wait until this also gets GPU-acceleration.

MrWeasel: gpu-acceleration is not panacea from all slowdowns
in fact real speedup with gpu-acceleration no more 25%, gpu in psx4m provide better graphic but not a big speed
we should wait news from Notaz\Pandora community about pcsx-rearmed

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Tokyo, Japan
But the graphic with gpu is really awesome, compared to befor (without gpu). Crash bandicot 3 looks really good and is very playable.
Thanks bonapart for all your hard work!

I did the update through Fapman, after I updated the repositories, thanks for the help.

I applied the bios as you said, and it shows up in the slot, now. But I still can't get any images to run. Must the images be bin, or iso, or img, or something special like that? What else might I be doing wrong?

@all
may be we need some movies for newbies\noobs ?

@oldpmaguy
say more expanded what you tries to do, and what's going wrong;

Ok, oddly enough, when I pressed start,and nothing happened, I looked in the config and it showed that the game bin was entered into the BIOS slot! It happened for several different games I tried. Somehow, I kept at it and that stopped happening, though.

So now I get the games to begin (Chrono Cross 1 and Brave Fencer Musahsi), and they both show title and intro, but crash before game begins.

I'll have to check the compatibility list to see if I have any games that work well.

oldpmaguy: you can try different cores (first tab), different options for this cores(2\3 tab) or some fix\hacks (4 tab) to speedup emulation

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
oldpmaguy: you can try different cores (first tab), different options for this cores(2\3 tab) or some fix\hacks (4 tab) to speedup emulation
Bona, you can put on your first page what the hacks means,
so that noobs won't need videos, also you will get some more
detailed compability process, as I am sure many people are
keen on trying the emu.

Like.:

XA decoding - Filter that decodes PSone audio ( PSone in our case )

Tags
bada rox, emulators, sausage ii, sneeze loud