Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by Kwljunky View Post
So wait wait, let me get this straight, your complaining about QT which will make cross platform development, like porting symbian apps to meego and meego to symbian and to other platforms easier and less work, so we end up with a load of apps rather then a few... ???
It will make it look nicer rather then outdated when compared with other apps from other mobile platforms and they do compare them.
LOL NICE Trolls :

>QT which will make cross platform development, like porting
Qt isn't the only one

>symbian apps to meego and meego to symbian
Require modifications not multiplateform

>and to other platforms easier and less work,
Hum ... same as other frameworks.

> so we end up with a load of apps rather then a few... ???
TROLLS ... as now if gtk isn't really support in meego ... we will lost a load of apps

My general feeling about Meego & QT is that Nokia is abandoning 5+ years of developing the Maemo OS, associated libraries, build tools, etc. and community infrastructure in favor of an ill-defined partnership with Intel & the potential for easier porting of apps between Meego & Symbian devices. They are imo starting over from scratch & alienating existing users and developers at a time when Maemo is starting to mature into one of the most robust operating systems for phones.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Qt!!!!! \o/
=D =D =D

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The move to Qt has nothing to do with MeeGo (in fact, Moblin used mostly Gtk+).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
My general feeling about Meego & QT is that Nokia is abandoning 5+ years of developing the Maemo OS, associated libraries, build tools, etc. and community infrastructure in favor of an ill-defined partnership with Intel & the potential for easier porting of apps between Meego & Symbian devices. They are imo starting over from scratch & alienating existing users and developers at a time when Maemo is starting to mature into one of the most robust operating systems for phones.
From scratch? Trolltech *is* Nokia , I can just guess what may produce integrating the two experiences.

Originally Posted by nicola.mfb View Post
Hi sevla, as the button is a child of MyWidget, the MyWidget destructor will automagically delete it

Just another great feature of Qt

Regards

Niko
Good to know..

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
My general feeling about Meego & QT is that Nokia is abandoning 5+ years of developing the Maemo OS, associated libraries, build tools, etc.
They have a long history of abandoned projects, which replacement turned out even worse.

I feel very similar, imo they really had some momentum building with Maemo and, instead of picking the ball up and running with it, they threw it away. I hope Meego is installed on a lot of TVs, vending machines, and car radios because I can't see it gaining much marketshare in smartphones or netbooks, I will be more than happy to be served a slice of crow if I'm completely wrong, I suppose time will tell.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The move to Qt has nothing to do with MeeGo (in fact, Moblin used mostly Gtk+).
They are still using it currently.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I wish the forum supported posts shaped like anchors so people could more easily detect baiting.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Tags
flamewar ftw, gtk ftw, gtk is simpler, gtk+, ide religion, maemo5, misguided rant, n gtk support, no qt, pointless, qt ftw, qt is simple, qt=not cute, stupid fud, trollparty