Active Topics

Notices

is winmapper working for anyone?

I wonder why downloading to a sqlite db is so much slower than gdbm... Have to download overnight at the moment, or use my spare n800.

My sqlite db takes more then two minutes to download a screenfull at the current zoom. GDBM takes less than 15 seconds for the same task.

Last edited by bousch; 2009-04-09 at 16:13.

since I upgraded to this version, my maemo mapper seems to locate the wrong location which is about 300km from the correct point.
anyone have the same problem with me and could you suggest the solution ?
I have reinstalled maemo mappper and reloaded all the maps but the problem still exists. Maemo mapper even shows the wrong tracklogs which used to be right in the previous version.
------------------

My tracklog is showed correctly on Google Earth thus I suppose that the problem are calibration in Maemo Mapper. I did delete all the pre-loaded Map and download all the map again but nothing changed.

Could anyone help me ?

Last edited by manooe; 2009-04-14 at 08:50.

Maybe a silly question but are your time and timezone set correctly?

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
They are still set correctly.

After a day, waiting hopelessly, I downgraded to version 2.3.1 and maps are corrected again.

However, I still miss some functions of the later version. So could anyone point out the reason why ?

APRS: Anyone know how to increase the font size of the aprs labels? The only font size settings in maemo mapper appears to be the size of the font in pop-up messages.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
I am having issue downloading routes. I keeo getting error; wrong source or destination but the same information works when I enter it into the website in firefox. And most of the time maemo mapper just freezes after selecting download for route in the menu. I then have to close maemo mapper and restart it.

this route I had before but deleted doing a maemo reinstall. I forgot to save it.

Last edited by FRZ; 2009-04-28 at 18:28.

Woo-hoo.

Finally.. I have a working APRS setup.

Originally I was fooling around with gpsd and dumping the contents to a USB Serial adapter to my OpenTracker, but fought with the serial drivers for a while, then found the APRS patches to Mapper and fooled around getting Scratchbox installed so I could compile and so on..

Ultimately, I drug my feet long enough that now it all works.

MicroUSB to MiniUSB adapter
MiniUSB OTG to USB.
New PL2302 USB to Serial adapter from Ebay
Null Model Cable
OpenTracker+ in KISS mode
ADI AT-201 2m handheld

After booting up, insmod-ing the usbserial and pl2303 drivers, plugging in the USB adapter and pile of cables..

Over the weekend, I "heard" several area RF APRS stations and they arrived in the "Stations Heard" list and I was able to jump to their positions on the map.

I also beaconed out my position at least once, when it was also heard by an IGATE (5w rubber-duck makes being heard a little difficult).

This morning I finally tracked down an Internet IGATE and was able to get the "Montana APRS" feed and ALSO saw stations appearing in MaemoMapper supplied via the Internet.

Success.

Now to either auto-load the serial drivers at boot, and/or get a Bluetooth to serial adapter so I can cut down on the tangle of wires.

The N810 is small enough. The OpenTracker is small enough, but the pile of wires is a mess.

THANK YOU. My N810 is now becoming the APRS device I was hoping it would be.

-Tom
KE7VUX

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Originally Posted by tsm1mt View Post
Woo-hoo.

Finally.. I have a working APRS setup.

Originally I was fooling around with gpsd and dumping the contents to a USB Serial adapter to my OpenTracker, but fought with the serial drivers for a while, then found the APRS patches to Mapper and fooled around getting Scratchbox installed so I could compile and so on..

Ultimately, I drug my feet long enough that now it all works.

MicroUSB to MiniUSB adapter
MiniUSB OTG to USB.
New PL2302 USB to Serial adapter from Ebay
Null Model Cable
OpenTracker+ in KISS mode
ADI AT-201 2m handheld

-Tom
KE7VUX
That's really cool. I've been hoping to see some Amateur radio apps for some time now. Just wondering, I have a BT to RS232 adapter. How tough do you think it might be to use it instead of all the cables? I'd really like to get the N800 working with my Kenwood D-700 (or D7 HT).

Eric
N3KQX