Notices

Great news! Thanks a million!

My next most important wish would be a feature, not a bug: Are you able to include the .odt plugin?

Cheers!

Thanks yerga for the keyboard fix. I'd vote for the pasting / coverting text to table bugs, but I'm a bit biased towards those.

Is the keyboard bug fix available for download yet? If it is, and it works, and Abiword doesn't crash anymore, it'll be an app worth having. Thanks!

Does anyone have a procedure for opening word or xcel doc email attacments? I know qole's last update made it possible, but being fairly newb, I need to be led by the nose. Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
What would be the next more important bug in the list?
Sorry for not responding sooner. Yerga, could you post a fixed binary for us to test? I only have an N800, so the keyboard bug made it impossible for me to test any other bugs.

But some of the other most serious bugs seem to be:

11110: Click into text box to right of text crashes abiword
11411: Inserting text inside other text stalls / crashes abiword.
11404: Saving text file hangs application.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
It continues crashing very frequent, specially with the bugs qole is mentioning.

Anyway I'll upload a package to somewhere and will post the link here.

The problem with abiword is the really difficult code for a C++ newbie as I am and the few comments it has, so I pass a lot of time understanding what the code does.
Also, with the less time I have actually, and other projects. Hopefully during the holidays I can to try fix some of the most important bugs.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
A package for abiword with the vkb fix is here:
http://yerga.net/files/abiword_2.6.4...pre2_armel.deb

Two things:
  • First you should have installed abiword from the application manager or else you will have a "packages missing" error (this warning is for people who see this post without read every previous thing
  • I forgot change the version number, so you will have an update for abiword in the application manager, really it isn't an update else a downgrade to the version in the repository.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Thank you yerga! It's great to see someone making progress on this. I've just installed your deb and the keyboard now works. Haven't had a chance to test other things yet, but for me this already makes it more useful :-)

Much Appreciated!

Big thanks for the program! It works much faster than Open Office.

But there is one disappointing bug, which I experienced on my N810 (AbiWord 2.6.4). When I try to open .doc file with many pictures included, AbiWord shows only several first pictures, then picture with lower half black, and other pictures are not showed at all. How can I repair it?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
IvanSav: This may be a problem with your temp directory running out of space.

Close Abiword, then open an xterm, gain root and enter the following command:

Code:
 mount -o remount,size=5M /tmp
After doing this, try opening Abiword again and try reloading your document. If more pictures load, but still not all of them, repeat the procedure but use a bigger number instead of 5M (go up in small increments), and try loading the document again.

If this works, please post the number that you used.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
abiword, office