Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
The mouse would pair with any sequence, but then wouldn't work in the display. The fix was to add an entry in /etc/bluetoothd/hid.conf that specifically disables authentication and encryption. After that it worked well.
Can you give any pointers for this? What did you have to change?

na no luck in the browser mate, opera and ice weasel works tho. firefox i think you need to do something extra.... might be in the first post of ''bluetooth mouse now working!!!!'' post.
hope that helps liamlian

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Can you give any pointers for this? What did you have to change?
Sure, I put the following in /etc/bluetooth/hid.conf :

Code:
device 00:60:D1:00:09:0D {
        name "Bluetooth Mouse";
        auth disable;
        encrypt disable;
}
Obviously your ID will change with the device, but once I put the disable lines in it stopped disconencting every few seconds and reconnecting.

Sadly, it's still not working for the main reason I wanted the mouse. I got it primarily to use with MoneyDance so I can update/review my finances on the road, but apparently Icedtea6 doesn't like it for some reason. I behaves much like the browser, where I can see the cursor in the title bar, but if I scroll into the window it vanishes, and clicks don't register. When I get some time I may try some of the tricks suggested here on Icedtea to see if I can hack that to work. Without it I can still view the ledgers, add new checks and what not, but I can't do advanced things like see matching transactions.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
I tried using this app with no success. I tried pairing my Logitech Mediaboard Pro before I found out that Maemo doesn't support the HID profile and it NEVER even showed up on my list when searching for devices. I use a Bluetooth Pioneer car radio for playing music and phone calls, for moving music to my device, and I'd like to use it for my keyboard and mouse(this will work great when hooked up to the video out). So, I downloaded the app and selected it. It launched and then nothing happened. I was returned to my desktop with no running app. And then tried to pair the Mediaboard again and it still is not in the list of found devices when I put it in pairing mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Mostrar forma romanizada
I still have the problem of language on the keyboard. Spanish is not supported, it gives error.

The mouse is detected but goes crazy when you move the mouse pointer.

I'm trying to connect my Logitech DiNovo Media Keyboard (NOT the newest one) and I get odd results: I can't make it do anything buy alphabet, shift, period, and comma. Capitals are possible, but you have to double-tap Shift to turn it on, then double-tap to turn it off. Tap-hold-type gets the first letter capitalized. I imagine part of it is that it's not quite a standard keyboard, but I don't know for sure. I'll try my old Apple BT keyboard and we'll see what happens.

Other issue: If I let the N900 go to sleep, I can't reconnect the keyboard without rebooting the device. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, thanks for this. I'm ready to go out and buy one of them foldable keyboards just for this. It's already that good.

I'll try a mouse later.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I'm trying to connect my Logitech DiNovo Media Keyboard (NOT the newest one) and I get odd results: I can't make it do anything buy alphabet, shift, period, and comma.
Have you tried specifying other keyboard models (pc101, pc102, pc103, pc104, pc105)?

Not yet. I'll see what I can do.

hi guy's having a prob with bt-hid-connect-mgr.py , i would love for this to work im not too keen on using xterm all the time to let me use the numbers. i did try using a queen bee con widget with bt-kbd-remap but it only works once? for some reason. anyways the xterm gives me this result (see the attached screenshot). any help would be great cheers.
Attached Images

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Santa Rosa
I have no experience in writing scripts so if you answer my question please take it down to a level that I can understand. I have the think outside keyboard which has been verified to work perfectly with my Dell x51v. I have installed the BT HID Connect application on my Nokia N900. I go into BT (New Devices) and it discovers my keyboard but when I attempt the pairing the flashing light on my keyboard stops flashing and I ultimately end with an unsuccessful connection. I have added the xbk-chinook directory by following instructions contained in this forum but I don't understand the scripts. Is there anything obvious with my problem that you could break down in detail to a level that I can understand or at least provide a corrective instruction set that could possibly enable me to pair my keyboard with the N900. I know the equipment will work because many of the users in this forum have done this successfully. I would appreciate it if any of you experienced users would have the patience to hold my hand through this procedure!

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package