Active Topics

I wish Nokia would release a pr1.2.1 and just fix the menus, all I want is to be able to scroll with the keys or search witht he keys in every menu. The change to the scrolling in the browser could do with a fix too as I constantly find it scrolls all the way to the bottom of the screen

hopefully 1.3 will fix the problem of when somebody is calling me and i accept the call it takes me to the conversation of that person and i cant talk to the person, but when i put my finger on the light sensor the screen goes blank....any ideas?

Originally Posted by MSHAH View Post
hopefully 1.3 will fix the problem of when somebody is calling me and i accept the call it takes me to the conversation of that person and i cant talk to the person, but when i put my finger on the light sensor the screen goes blank....any ideas?
it is there so you will not disconnect the call by touching it to your ear or face when you close the phone near your ear.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
PR 1.3 will never come.

Where is any evidence that a PR 1.3 will be made or released? What's the bug fixing activity like lately? seems a few things are going "fixed in meego/harmatten". This is exactly the same from Maemo 4 when they all got "fixed in fremantle".
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
PR 1.3 will never come.

Where is any evidence that a PR 1.3 will be made or released? What's the bug fixing activity like lately? seems a few things are going "fixed in meego/harmatten". This is exactly the same from Maemo 4 when they all got "fixed in fremantle".
http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re..._Harmattan_.3F

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
I think personnally that the PR1.3 is in progress since the day after the avaibility of the PR1.2...

http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re...in_Maemo_5_.3F

Edit : grilled by Woot

The Following User Says Thank You to dtergens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Spoiler!

PR1.3 is abandoning by Nokia. Maemo 5 heart is no longer beating, so Nokia doctor took it off the live support.

:P

Let the Troll begin..

FYI: PR1.2 waited till post 777 to release we are still @ 118 so please no more "are we there yet"

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
Let the Troll begin..

FYI: PR1.2 waited till post 777 to release we are still @ 118 so please no more "are we there yet"
Sorry I couldn't resist it.......must resist!!

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Moscow
Don't want to spread panic or something, but most bugs that are listed in the wiki as fixed after PR1.2 release are closed with resolution "not reproducible after pr1.2 update, thanks for fixing, thanks for retesting".
But i did face couple of bugs as "not reproducible in PR1.2+ test builds", so we will get at least 1 more update, and I don't expect it to come too soon.

Last edited by little_beat; 2010-06-24 at 12:43.

Tags
early start, firmware, fremantle, future, jump the gun, maemo, maemo 5, myth continued, not again, pr 1.3, pr1.3, product release, some1 shoot him, speculation, update, wait, wait for pr1.4, waiting, waiting more