Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So it seems that Younited client for Jolla will be an android app. That's rather disappointing
That's such a disappointment. So WHY we have to wait such a long time and just get an other android app? I thought there already is an android app for younited?!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I dont know if there's an Android app for Younited or if it would work on the Jolla phone. But I do know that I used an Android app by Vodafone to sync my media to the cloud. Nice thing was that all of a sudden it decided not to recognize new files any more. All images, music, videos added after a certain date don't show up and never get synced. I have a very similar issue with another Android app that simply doesn't see all the filees it should see. - So I simply don't trust an Android app to do a backup for me. I'm not sure it'll work reliably. (More precise: I'm sure it won't work in the long run.)

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I dont know if there's an Android app for Younited or if it would work on the Jolla phone. But I do know that I used an Android app by Vodafone to sync my media to the cloud. Nice thing was that all of a sudden it decided not to recognize new files any more. All images, music, videos added after a certain date don't show up and never get synced. I have a very similar issue with another Android app that simply doesn't see all the filees it should see. - So I simply don't trust an Android app to do a backup for me. I'm not sure it'll work reliably. (More precise: I'm sure it won't work in the long run.)
I'm using the OneDrive Android app for more than 6 months now to backup my stuff (mainly my photos), hasn't ever failed me.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
So... Uitukka won't be available today or..?
And the Younited app is not a native Sailfish app... Not good.
Edit, what's going on here: https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/516881109448400896

The Following User Says Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
So...

...what's going on here: https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/status/516881109448400896
Whole team is hacking libhybris to get call recording available... bad joke...

@coderus, i don't give up yet... i can use jolla as remote at least...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Younited to come to Sailfish as an Android app? Hopefully this is not true. I mean, they dedicated a whole press release for Younited stating it will available for Jolla users. If that meant "Jolla Android app users", I'm disappointed. I don't have Android runtime installed.

EDIT: OK, read that twitter link. Younited for Jolla was not worth the wait for me.

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-09-30 at 12:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Younited to come to Sailfish as an Android app? Hopefully this is not true. I mean, they dedicated a whole press release for Younited stating it will available for Jolla users. If that meant "Jolla Android app users", I'm disappointed. I don't have Android runtime installed.
Jolla really should put more emphasis on getting native applications to market. First thing that comes to my mind is the support for paid apps in Harbour.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
So it seems that Younited client for Jolla will be an android app. That's rather disappointing
I don't see any official statement on that, only that someone from YouNited said "Indeed it is". But he may very well be teasing us for all we know. Unless F-Secure gives an official statement about the app being an Android app or that guy giving an official statement, there's no way one should believe a vague confirmation on Twitter.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Jolla really should put more emphasis on getting native applications to market. First thing that comes to my mind is the support for paid apps in Harbour.
And the second thing is to allow enough libraries so that Harbour apps can do something useful and use the full potential of the device.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kake41 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update