Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Come on, this a device that has failed within 90days or purchase and is clearly faulty. I do not expect to wait a day let alone 14! If you are content to wait three weeks and more then fine. I want a replacement or my money back, simples

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Yes, for something that has failed within 90 days of purchase, I'd expect a brand new unit. I'd think less than a week to ship a new replacement (account for initial shipping time) or less.

I have dealt with other companies that have handled this type of situation much better. For instance, I bought a cheap portable (car) dvd player that had a fault and would not turn on after a couple of uses (Something inside let out the blue smoke). I contacted the company, who would not cross ship a replacement .

As I was going on vacation (driving) in about 2 weeks, I opted to cut the power cord to the separate screen, wire on a cigarette lighter adapter, and used the screen with a home dvd player/ 12v to 120v converter in the car.

After vacation, I sent the defective player back with a letter explaining what I had done and why. About a week after they had received the unit, a replacement was shipped out. It was NEW and was even a newer model (and better) .

That's how customers should be treated. Not saying they had the best service, but they did take care of it in a timely manner. I would have been happy with the same model, but was pleasantly surprised with the newer model, it certainly made up for my troubles and I'd definitely buy their brand again.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Just talked to Nokia Care. They said it's perfectly normal if the phone is gone for a while, the Maximum time before they give you a replacement is 21 WEEK days. I will shoot myself when I reach that. Jesus, why can't they get a move on!

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
Brought my N900 to the NSC today. They said it takes about 11-14 week days.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The inconsistency in service from customer to customer really disturbs me. It shows how disconnected customer CARE is from the rest of the organization. They should have *some* independence for policy-making and performance, but not when it comes to repair/replacement turnaround...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
When I dealt with them. Each level seemed to be another 3rd party company.

Repair shap claims to send it to Nokia but in truth they just send it to another 3rd party representitive of Nokia who dose the same again.

Turns out even the wonderful Becky dosent work for Nokia but another 3rd party,

If you outsource customer service you cant expect to have full control.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
When I dealt with them. Each level seemed to be another 3rd party company.

Repair shap claims to send it to Nokia but in truth they just send it to another 3rd party representitive of Nokia who dose the same again.

Turns out even the wonderful Becky dosent work for Nokia but another 3rd party,

If you outsource customer service you cant expect to have full control.
do you mean that when one sends a device for repair, its being passed (or might be) from one hand to another, and might be the reason for making a customer wait for weeks before it gets back repaired?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
do you mean that when one sends a device for repair, its being passed (or might be) from one hand to another, and might be the reason for making a customer wait for weeks before it gets back repaired?
Yes, that is common.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yes, that is common.
now i know why some Original nokia devices are cheaper, specially those that are sold by other retailers...

for instance, i want to browse and buy a device online, nokia sells that device (for example) $500, i saw another one selling $400. BUT there is a separate price for warranty. (sometimes you can even pick 2 - 3 yrs).

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Yes, that is common.
Common but not good.

Very little is gained from

3rd a => 3rd b => 3rd c => 3rd b => 3rd a

This is the route my first attempt at a repair took.

Better customer service would come from giving 3rd a more auths. and going

3rd a => Nokia => 3rd a

If 3rd A is not able to handle almost everything then why are they in existance what cost saving do they provide and how do they help improve service.

The Following User Says Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty