Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by premnas View Post
Communication is not copying and pasting from the FAQ ...
Business is business and they have plenty of room to improve on that ...
That is the industry standard practise. That is what is taught in service trainings and materials. Even Amazon does that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I'm nobody, and I'm sorry if I offended you. Whining, complaining, relieving feelings, potatoes, tomatoes. However, I do want to keep this thread on topic. Go to the venting thread to express your feelings.

Anyway, got tired of this (like others I believe). So I'll hang up on the thread+spreadsheet.
It does go vice-versa, you could have ranted on the venting thread.

But I personally think it is more useful to keep this thread about Jolla order tracking in general (including all kinds of insight), and much of what some call venting or whining on this thread is actually informative - we get information from various parts of the world about the order status that way. It really helps in getting the bigger picture of what is going on. Relegating that to "whining" or "venting" status, does not - in my opinion - serve the flow of information at all. Instead if proposes to hide actual information.

Just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
That is the industry standard practise. That is what is taught in service trainings and materials. Even Amazon does that.
Sure they do. And it is very frustrating if you have a specific request that doesn't fall in line with their script.

Then again, Amazon and the likes have industry standard machines of order fulfillment too, which obviously - judging by the results - Jolla does not.

Maybe Jolla should do their comms on the level of their business too. It would, in my opinion, benefit them more than doing the large business comms while doing the small business work.

Emulating industry standard certainly isn't Unlike either.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
Any comment from Cybette would be very much appreciated !
Cybette are you still following this thread ?

The Following User Says Thank You to premnas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
I see it simply as business decision to save in shipping costs
Sure. But together with not having enough of them it becomes a bit iffy to me.

Not a big deal at all, but takes a tiny sliver of shine off the LE TOH experience.

Originally Posted by premnas View Post
Any comment from Cybette would be very much appreciated !
Cybette are you still following this thread ?
Try making a joke about elves or booze.

Call it whining or not, I don't care. But despite not worrying till now I start to wonder what's going on with order numbers 200001950 (which mine is very close to) upwards. My order status hasn't changed since Nov 25th and is still in being "Paid". We can assume that all with status "Picking" & "Shipping" are on the way to people or already received - so that's fine. But what with the others? Are there new problems Jolla's having?

FedEx could deliver till morning of December 24th - afterwards I'll be gone and have no clue what will happen or what I should do about it. According to Jolla's info incl. info on social media I simply didn't expect AT ALL that delivery would take longer than this date.

Since the very first tweet of Jolla I was sure I would use their platform (back then it wasn't sure there would be a phone), I pre-booked 2 of their phones at first chance (and wore their T-Shirt at first chance ;-) ).

The ONLY mistake I made was following: Being in a completely different time-zone on Monday November 25th 9am central EU time. Even there I tried to hurry and paid the phone while sitting in traffic jam on my N9 using expensive roaming network costs.

So with my story I want to say: Just because I failed paying the phone within the first hours, I'm now punished with days of waiting despite being "A first one".

Yes this is frustrating and I don't want to worry about not being around when FedEx (or who ever) rings the door bell. I kinda start to wish to postpone the delivery till January which resolves the problem of not being home around Christmas time (where I visit family). Worst case I hope I can change delivery address to a neighbour or so directly with FedEx.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
20000150x changed in Jolla shop to shipped status. Even got the tracking code for FedEx.

The device is traveling around the EU Already been to Sweden and France. Should arrive to Estonia tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to eldoraado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
care@jolla.com, right?

edit:
Well, I just sent the email. I hope it will work.
However, if my Jolla leaves today or tomorrow I may be able to get it in Germany. If not, I hope it works with the address change to Spain.
Whats the point send mail to jolla.com when it is shipped Contact fedEX direcly instead?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Hmmm...

http://money.cnn.com/2003/01/27/news..._manatdoor.jpg
WTF Rickard Stallman's son delivering

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: