Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Keeping TOH compatability in future devices bring up so incredibly much restrictions on other aspects of the design that it would be downright stupid to even consider this as an option. It is impossible to please everyone, but enforcing these restrictions on themselves would prevent any possibility of moving forward.

If the design of a future model is not yet complete or certain aspects are not yet determined, they will never state anything about this. I wouldn't also.

I can only hope that for future models I can hazz access to proto models We'll see what they come up with at Slush! Looking forward to it!
That makes the whole difference between "do as many and as fast you can and sell" and "make good quality last long devices".
We all suffer from overpriced devices on market that somehow last less than 2 years. In other words companies just putting hand in our pockets. I do understand that technology changes, but on other hand jolla was released with outdated specs, so now they can't play card as TOH limitation would be bad. I think if TOH is a major card they have (though except ring tones and wallpapers nothing was released) they should think thru before and come up of comparability thing. E.g. They could make other half not exactly half but part of it, so it can be plugged in different size back parts of phone, and it took me 2 mins to come up with it.
The lemmings part of users already use droid and ios, so they need to start thinking of how to keep up with communities like maemo, as for now they bought people with "openess" and "unlike", but as still no source available and nothing unlike here, they need to realize, that people at some point stop buying cheap PR, thud stop buying products. Even hard fanboys can get disappointed at some point. So they need to deliver something where user wind and not only everything where user just spend his money.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Yay, took the chance to end lurking mode since 2010

My guess is that we get a yotaphone style epaper TOH.

I at least i would have great use for one, having on the current display on lowest brightness most of the day and barely lasting through it.

Or, maybe they finally come up with some kind of TOH magazine to be able to transport all that tohs :P

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If that image is the Real device it looks really bad. Looks like a toy. Hope it's not part of a real device.

Stop talking about tablet or phone...its a...wa

https://mobile.twitter.com/YvesPE/st...933312/photo/1

Smartwatch...[filter is fixed yay]

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-16 at 07:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
looks good... better than some other smartwatches
But i hope its not a smartwatch... i think the smwartwatch and Tablet Market is not so high than Smartphones.

... maybe is it a BIG Screen TOH ... for someone is it a BIG Release and for the other half of us not :P

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Could it be this brand/phone or some cousin? Look at the form...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-11-16 at 09:50.

I laready thought about the MI3, but it just looks similar, not same.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
My guess : Sailfish will be scale independent before 2015Q2, with a new device with big screen in 2015H1. Possibly a tablet (7-10"), maybe a phablet (5-6").
Jolla has been founded to develop SailfishOS, and their ideal target is to have SailfishOS running on other phones/devices.
In that thought, I think that Jolla (the phone) is just a reference device to bring SFOS to the public view, and so I would not expect a Jolla 2 too soon, unless they have also a SailfishOS 2.0 in the works.
(besides, remember that first sentence on Jolla website is "the world doesn't need yet another smartphone").
On the other side, a new Jolla tablet could become a reference device to showcase that SFOS can scale to bigger sizes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What about this ghost pictures...

http://mobiili.fi/wp-content/uploads..._on_tablet.png
Thats a Nexus 7

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The announcement will come out with a tablet (already have price) , plus pink, yellow TOH
Whats the price?

Confirmed Where?

Is IT this...?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
The announcement will come out with a tablet (already have price) , plus pink, yellow TOH

Tell us more my friend

Tags
bulks