Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I just got my Surface Pro 128 GB...My already retina Ipad collecting dust and my new Nexus 7 is like a cheep toy compared to this bad boy!

You can do stuff that other tablets only dream about Wohow

If you can afford one, Get it ASAP!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I just got my Surface Pro 128 GB...My already retina Ipad collecting dust and my new Nexus 7 is like a cheep toy compared to this bad boy!

You can do stuff that other tablets only dream about Wohow

If you can afford one, Get it ASAP!
Is it possible to install linux on it?

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Is it possible to install linux on it?
I don't think so, as Microsoft locked up the bootloaders on all their mobile devices. Previous MS Surface users just managed to break the registry on the tablets, they didn't quite find a way yet to install other OS than the Win8 on it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
I don't think so, as Microsoft locked up the bootloaders on all their mobile devices. Previous MS Surface users just managed to break the registry on the tablets, they didn't quite find a way yet to install other OS than the Win8 on it.
They also might been Noobs

It's possible to install Ubuntu, but I haven't tried it yet. But it seems like the Wi-fi has some problems ATM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZygXCR6qqGs

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-11 at 13:48.

They also might been Noobs

It's possible to install Ubuntu, but I haven't tried it yet. But it seems like the Wi-fi has some problems ATM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZygXCR6qqGs
I never said that this is not possible. I was just saying what I last read about these tablets on XDA forums. Maybe they even found a way to remove Windws and install whatever.

So what is tablet offering better than the competitors, and why would you buy this instead of any competitors. I am asking this because I was interested in buying a Sony Vaio 10" Windows 8 tablet.

I never said that this is not possible. I was just saying what I last read about these tablets on XDA forums. Maybe they even found a way to remove Windws and install whatever.

So what is tablet offering better than the competitors, and why would you buy this instead of any competitors. I am asking this because I was interested in buying a Sony Vaio 10" Windows 8 tablet.
No tablet is better than others at everything. It depends what you looking for an planing to do. What model are you looking at duo 11?

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-11 at 13:59.

No tablet is better than others at everything. It depends what you looking for an planing to do.
Have all the functions of a laptop, but with a wacom/capcacitive touchscreen, not under 10". The current one I've got it's a 12" but it's getting old... So soon it would need replacing. 2.0Ghz CPU, 1.5GB ram, Windows 8 Pro, 12" wacom touchscreen, convertable.

Have all the functions of a laptop, but with a wacom/capcacitive touchscreen, not under 10". The current one I've got it's a 12" but it's getting old... So soon it would need replacing. 2.0Ghz CPU, 1.5GB ram, Windows 8 Pro, 12" wacom touchscreen, convertable.
LOL, you doesn't make sense. What model are you talking about and what's your main requirements?

LOL, you doesn't make sense. What model are you talking about and what's your main requirements?
Dave, what was not to be understand. I want to run advanced applications like you would run on a laptop/pc not on a iOS or Android Tablet. I need it to run apps like Visual Studio 2012, Photoshop CS6, Sony Vegas PRO, Sony Sound Forge, Sony ACID and so on.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Dave, what was not to be understand. I want to run advanced applications like you would run on a laptop/pc not on a iOS or Android Tablet. I need it to run apps like Visual Studio 2012, Photoshop CS6, Sony Vegas PRO, Sony Sound Forge, Sony ACID and so on.
On 1.5GB RAM with Win8? Good luck with that...

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:

Tags
just_a_fad, success!, ubertablet, vaporware, who gives a sht