Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
I wonder what all those people who bash Nokia on a daily basis say when (and if) the N9 will be released and it'd be an awesome device?
"It lacks the logo of a bitten apple"?
"It doesn't spy on you when you go to the toilets"?

Nah why am I worried? I bet they could find something to whine about pretty quick...

Btw, latest rumors say that the N9 will be introduced at MWC 2011, next month...
Simple, you just buy the N9 and in the same instance, you start waiting for the next N-series phone, with nokias new OS. I'm a wait:er. not a whin:er.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Simple, you just buy the N9 and in the same instance, you start waiting for the next N-series phone, with nokias new OS. I'm a wait:er. not a whin:er.
I don't think I understand you well - it seems that you think the N9 will not be able to be upgraded to "Nokia's new OS"... But I can't see any evidence that this is what will eventually be (though logically there would be a fragmentation in some point).

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
I don't think I understand you well - it seems that you think the N9 will not be able to be upgraded to "Nokia's new OS"... But I can't see any evidence that this is what will eventually be (though logically there would be a fragmentation in some point).
maybe meego will be step 5 out of 8?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
maybe meego will be step 5 out of 8?
Nah, maybe step N out of N+2 - This way it'll never be over and will always have only 2 more steps left

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
N9 will have Meego!
What I'm saying is simply:

Nokia have not been the company that want you to upgrade the OS. They want you to buy a new device with a new OS.

So far nokia have not said anything of the future of meego, how new versions of OS will be handled when new devices are released. So from my point of view a new OS might be around the corner(after meego, I'm now somewhere in year 2012). We will see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
N9 will have Meego!
What I'm saying is simply:

Nokia have not been the company that want you to upgrade the OS. They want you to buy a new device with a new OS.
Or Harmattan.

I think Nokia is changing there. Could be because of Elop as just couple of weeks after he took CEO spot Nokia had that announcement of no more S^3, S^4 etc. just Symbian that will get the upgrades all the way to the all new Qt UI.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
n9 would be better than this...?
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Fact...heet-353b.aspx

The Following User Says Thank You to jainkjohn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jainkjohn View Post
I agree that thing is real badass in spec. The worst thing about it is that it's made by Motorola. They're really s***tty about android firmware updates.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jainkjohn View Post
Hard to know, since its not revealed yet. Plus, "better" is very individual. Motorola is useless to me since I want a HW keyboard.

But very nice specs from Motorola.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
They want you to buy a new device with a new OS.
So why did they drop Symbian 4 months back in favor of free, large scale updates to Symbian 3 and all of it's current and future devices?

Tags
best of 2011, douchebaggery, douchethread, fud fud fap fap, how to quote, i need drugs, wait for meego!, what is n9?, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz