Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Counting a MS employee (won't call him ex) as a representative of all of Nokia, that's been there for less than a year, you literally need a brain wash. He said MeeGo was not competitive to ios, android, just check the feedback for both MeeGo and WP7, even Maemo5. Saying they can't produce 3 devices in 3 years, is bullocks, they have 2 ready to ship. Deliberately killing N9 for devices that feature an OS that doesn't sell, RIP Nokia. Symbian Belle wiped the floor with all that Mango couldn't offer.

Enough with the kissing ***, you won't get hired.
Meego? Where is Meego? What are u smoking

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Meego? Where is Meego? What are u smoking
N9 rings a bell? N950 perhaps?

BTW, is that you, dear Mr. Elop?

N9 rings a bell? N950 perhaps?

BTW, is that you, dear Mr. Elop?
Where is it? Zero impact from the Meego Amigos

If I was Microsoft, I would really worry if Nokia can even deliver the hardware

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...s/td-p/1122467
Wow, Elop already started sabotaging Symbian?

EDIT: The best and most durable series Nokia has on the line, what took him so long?

Last edited by patlak; 2011-09-09 at 20:14.

Where is it? Zero impact from the Meego Amigos
In Elop's vault along with his horse.

In Elop's vault along with his horse.
If you are as effective as you are loud, you could have saved Meego my amigo

If you are as effective as you are loud, you could have saved Meego my amigo
If you weren't beaching as much, WP7 could have been dead by now.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The guy hasnt been on a job for more than a year, and he made, in my opinion, all the right choices for NOKIA. He cut the umbilical cord with Symbian, found a powerful partner to sell future smartphones to the states, and has energized the company to think in more creative ways that ARE CONSUMER friendly.

Are you taking your anti-depressants daily?
I did, did you forget yours? You seem really defensive about this.

On the other hand, I suppose you might have a reason...

Why Microsoft Will Never Be Great Again

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/...e-great-again/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dont act dumb. Nokia was at a precipice when they elected Elop, you cant compare prior glory to what they are up against now. Radical times, require radical surgery. And as I have said multiple times before, only time will tell. If anything, complacency is out of NOKIA and they have publicly admitted that Symbian sucks
Counting your chickens before they hatch is even more daft. Nothing, absolutely nothing that's considered an Elop decision has added to their current bottom line.

Talk to me when the WP7 sales start. Then lets see what happens then. Could be great, could be good, could be bad, could be horrible. Nobody knows the future.

And nobody should be patting him on the back for his decisions since there's nothing to show for it as of yet.

Oh... don't get me started on Symbian. I've done a damn good job avoiding it.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The guy hasnt been on a job for more than a year, and he made, in my opinion, all the right choices for NOKIA. He cut the umbilical cord with Symbian, found a powerful partner to sell future smartphones to the states, and has energized the company to think in more creative ways that ARE CONSUMER friendly.

Are you taking your anti-depressants daily?
Further bolstering my point about Eflop's CURRENT failures...
Aug. 17 – Nokia, the Finnish multinational cell phone maker, may be losing its most solid stronghold – China. Faced with competition from other smartphone producers such as Apple and Samsung, Nokia’s sales in China are plummeting and local distributors are refusing to buy more of their handsets.

Nokia also announced in February this year that it is going to switch its smartphone platform to Windows Phone 7 (WP7) from Symbian, the operating system that is growing less competitive and saw a salient 12.6 percent drop in its Chinese market share last year, according to statistics released in a research report on China’s mobile phone market published by iMedia Research.

Whether or not Nokia’s new decision is going to help the company reverse its downward trend in China remains unknown. The market share of Windows Mobile – the predecessor of WP7 – was only moderate, lingering between 5.7 percent and 7.1 percent. Furthermore, there is still no clear schedule confirming when WP7 will land in the country, due to various time-consuming approval issues. In contrast, the Google-developed Android system has seen rapid growth, taking up 14.3 percent of market share by 2010 compared to the 0.3 percent it had back in 2008. A number of major smartphone producers – including Motorola, Samsung and HTC – have switched to the Android system, and could all turn into strong competitors that eat away at Nokia’s smartphone sales size.
Source: http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2...-crashing.html

The old defensive line from the Nokia faithful was always, 'Sure, it's not selling well where YOU live--but it's doing GREAT in Asia!'. Latest word, as you can see, is that they're not interested in Windows Phones... and most of the world is becoming decreasingly interested in Nokia products. So, again, I ask you: what has Eflop done right so far?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
bada rox, bigbadtroll!, ceo firing, fooled again, pissing contest