Active Topics

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Email restoring works, but it takes time. After restroring program completes restoring emails it restores other settings etc much faster. Progress bar goes ~5% and then it started to restore others. Email restoring took minutes and everything else under minute or something like that.

I am suprised that mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.11.800 works fine. Just add vo=xv to ~.mplayer/config file. Heroes episode 1 (761 kbps 624x352) plays flawlessy and i didnt see any tearing.

Last edited by jmk; 2007-03-24 at 02:25.

anyone been able to get mplayer to stream from UPNP servers?

When watching YouTube videos I noticed 2 issues with the new bios on n800:

1) seems to have a persistent clicking sound when playing videos

2) if playing flash, it seems slightly faster when i turn the flash quality to low...but otherwise, not much improvements

Luke

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
So - when will the awesome person that wrote the SDHC kernel add-on, rewrite it for the new OS? SDHC card owners want to know... =)

BTW- I REALLY appreciate people's work that have made, and will continue to make, the 770/n800 an actual nice product.

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
When watching YouTube videos I noticed 2 issues with the new bios on n800:

2) if playing flash, it seems slightly faster when i turn the flash quality to low...but otherwise, not much improvements
I almost feel like youtube videos played better with the old firmware and quality set to low. Now the few I tried got out of sync and felt generally slower on the low setting.

Canola can now play n770-encode.pl encoded xvid videos with the 'mplayer' quality setting mplayer => { abitrate => 128, vbitrate => 420, width => 400, height => 240, fps => 30 } without stuttering, tearing or any kind of jerkyness.

Seeking forward and backwards, toggling fullscreen, pausing, etc no longer causes second long hangs or dropping out of the movie player.

No more random stopping or loss of sych after 20 minutes either, just watched a full episode of 24 converted from DVD without a single hitch or hickup. Happy.

With the old firmware, that didn't work so well.

Last edited by Dom Queron; 2007-03-24 at 04:48.

Canola seems to crash on podcasts now. MP3s play fine. (Yes, I've rebooted even taking battery out.) Anyone else have this issue?

Why doesn't Nokia explain what they did in this latest update? At least we can have a better idea of WHY some apps don't work properly...

Right now it's just a lot of guesswork...

Luke

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ London, UK
It looks to me that the community created SDHC kernel cant appear until the corresponding maemo SDK is released. I wonder what the time scales are for the SDK release ?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...velopers/20038
http://maemo.org/#date_23032007

Dave

There is another "funny" thing which catch my eyes. Now, the "softpoweroff" mode works a little bit different. I changed a line in the /etc/mce/mce.ini file and the when I press the powerbutton long enough the device powers off the screen and blocks all the keys. Compared to pre-10.7 time, I hear a "click" when I press buttons or tap the screen. Actually I can confirm that nowthing is beeing changed "in the background", just the tapping sounds.
It doesn't make sence, because everytime I tap the screen and press a button in "softpoweroff mode" the CPU has to do something (playing a "click" sound) and probably gets out of it's powersaving cycles.