Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by Ali_rshojakhani View Post
while listening to some loud music... someone calls, after u disconnect the phone call suddenly the music resumes on the same loud volume
Are you on headphones when you are listening to the music? If so, there is a Headphone Daemon in the repository (either extras or extras-testing, can't remember which) that will pause the media player when the headphones are disconnected. It's worked great for me so I don't run into that issue when a call comes in any longer.

On another note, I've noticed since the update that the media player doesn't stutter any longer when receiving emails/sms or im in the background...unfortunately it still stutters when switching from wifi to 3g...

Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
Are you on headphones when you are listening to the music? If so, there is a Headphone Daemon in the repository (either extras or extras-testing, can't remember which) that will pause the media player when the headphones are disconnected. It's worked great for me so I don't run into that issue when a call comes in any longer.

On another note, I've noticed since the update that the media player doesn't stutter any longer when receiving emails/sms or im in the background...unfortunately it still stutters when switching from wifi to 3g...
yeah thnx i know [ and am using ] headphoned
bu thats not the PROBLEM... im using the headet to talk althrough....
the problem is that i want it to resume playback but not at the same loud volume ... after disconnecting THE PHONE CALL it would be much better if the volume would RESUME AND rise from silent to the sme volum set before the call [just like on the n95 - out of the box feature]

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, unfortunately I don't have an answer for that problem, figured I'd clarify whether you were using w/ or w/o headphones just in case it might help.

It took me a while to figure out the UPnP thing. If I had carefully read this MAFW-UPnP-Control-Source notification sooner, I would have saved myself a few hours:

Name:  Screenshot-20100223-100648.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  26.2 KB

I was then wondering how many UPnP sources Nokia's mediaplayer could handle; so I fired up 9 of them. As you can see, it looks like 8 is the limit. I've witnessed these UPnP sources displaying icons, but I haven't searched this out yet. Without me having to look through code, if anyone knows how to get those icons to display, please share.

Name:  Screenshot-20100223-100504.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  22.1 KB

Also, as a mediatomb FYI, you have to make changes like this if you want mediaplayer to see your UPnP vorbis - ogg files. At the moment, I can't find the link that explains this, but it has to do with mediatomb defaulting the mime-type to application/ogg, and mediaplayer only handles audio and video or something.

Code:
      <extension-mimetype ignore-unknown="no">
        <map from="ogg" to="audio/x-vorbis+ogg"/>
      </extension-mimetype>
      <mimetype-contenttype>
        <treat mimetype="audio/x-vorbis+ogg" as="ogg"/>
      </mimetype-contenttype>
And lastly, if anyone wants to know how to run 9 mediatombs on their linux box, I can share those notes later, but everything starts with something like this:

Code:
sudo ifconfig add eth0:0 192.168.6.66

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
I got a bug with media player , sometimes when I get a missed call , the music start to play by itself !
I already had the bug before last weeks update , but I got the phone from december and I only noticed it now. Have you ever had this ?

username is perfect, i love it

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Marseille , France
who r u talkin to

I've spent the last week and a half studying all-things-mediaplayer as much as I've been hacking. I have a bunch of stuff working, but I'm about to tear it all apart again. I've been spending a good deal of time moving magic numbers out to JSON config files and to GtkBuilder UI files. Because of the simplicity of media rendering concepts, I hope I can avoid using binary plugins of my own. MAFW is holding up for the time being.

I got to a point where I wanted to start playing videos, and from staring at the code I came across a cooler thing on top of the already cool thing I mentioned earlier. If you tap the little 120x100 video window, it goes fullscreen by creating a new window! Tap on the new fullscreen window and it disappears. And that reminded me of a movie quote.

Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money video no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.

Also, I discovered one of those "why didn't I think of that" optimization techniques mafw-test-gui is using:

Turn Off Double-Buffering

Just another lesson learned. More as I know, but so much to do.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
i wish i could be as happy as daperl :P i like that quote :P

i am getting really frustrated with media player right now... almost everytime i got a message or or refresh one of the two webpages i have open, my music will stutter. it gets old pretty quick and soon im thinking "wtFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"...

is this media player getting shafted when it comes to prioritizing ram? is the n900 ALWAYS gonna have this junky skipping from the media player because its an internet tablet at heart?

p.s. i experience the "bug" that people are talking about above when ending a call, but its not a big deal as im hoping it will be fixed...

Last edited by SAABoy; 2010-03-11 at 19:37.

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
i am getting really frustrated with media player right now... almost everytime i got a message or or refresh one of the two webpages i have open, my music will stutter. it gets old pretty quick and soon im thinking "wtFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"...

is this media player getting shafted when it comes to prioritizing ram? is the n900 ALWAYS gonna have this junky skipping from the media player because its an internet tablet at heart?
I posted something that might be interesting here. If I understand things correctly, Nokia has the process that renders multimedia set at a low priority. It would be "nice" if someone that has repeatable mediaplayer problems to do some tests with different nice values. But if Nokia didn't pull that number out of thin air, then changing it could adversly affect something else. The phone not ringing, for instance. That's probably FUD, yet I said it anyway; go figure.

Tags
waiting impatiently