Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Try to put down on ganja

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
So, will there be a newer fennec in devel?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by int_ua View Post
So, will there be a newer fennec in devel?
Most probably no, it will be in cssu-thumb. We all know how fennec behaves when its jscript engine is not thumb-compiled, it is unusable. But lets hildon integration to be finished, who knows, the source will be available so anyone could upload an ARM-only version in extras-devel.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
can't wait to see this. iirc there was another project on here with off by 90 problem. may be able to find with the right search term. might even have been early phoneme release.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
can't wait to see this. iirc there was another project on here with off by 90 problem. may be able to find with the right search term. might even have been early phoneme release.
yep, it was phoneme, but we have a different situation here. Anyway, never fear, I hope by Monday it will be fixed (I won't be able to work on that during the weekend) or even earlier if zeq beats me to it

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I tried to compile fennec7 with Pali's instructions.

These are my steps (inside scratchbox1):
Code:
#download source code from Mozilla
wget --no-check-certificate https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/7.0.1/source/fennec-7.0.1.source.tar.bz2

#Create directory fennec
# move and rename upstream tarball
mkdir fennec && mv fennec-7.0.1.source.tar.bz2 fennec/fennec-source.tar.bz2

#Create debian orig file from upstrem fennec tarball:
tar -czf fennec_7.0.1.orig.tar.gz fennec

#download diff.gz file (version 7.0.1-2) from extras-devel:
wget http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/pool/fremantle/free/source/f/fennec/fennec_7.0.1-2.diff.gz -O fennec/fennec.diff.gz

#Patch
cd fennec && gunzip -c fennec.diff.gz | patch -p1 && rm -f fennec.diff.gz

#Change version number (optional):
sed 's/7.0.1-2/7.0.1-3/' -i debian/changelog

#build:
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

And this is error:
Code:
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager'
make -C /home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/security/dbm MAKE="make -j1" -j1 CC=" gcc" SOURCE_MD_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist SOURCE_MDHEADERS_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/include/nspr DIST=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist NSPR_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/include/nspr NSPR_LIB_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/dist/lib MOZILLA_CLIENT=1 NO_MDUPDATE=1 NSS_ENABLE_ECC=1 NSINSTALL="/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/config/nsinstall" SQLITE_LIB_NAME=mozsqlite3 SQLITE_INCLUDE_DIR=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir/security/manager/../../dist/include BUILD_TREE=/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/objdir BUILD_OPT=1 OPT_CODE_SIZE=1 NS_USE_GCC=1 NS_USE_NATIVE= NSS_ENABLE_ZLIB= PROGRAMS=
make[7]: Entering directory `/home/rantalai/firefox/fennec/fennec/mozilla-release/security/dbm'
../coreconf/config.mk:71: ../coreconf/Linux3.2.mk: No such file or directory
Inside scratchbox 'uname -a' shows (underlying) Linux 3.2.0-24-generic.

Code:
../coreconf/config.mk:
68: ifeq (,$(filter-out $(TARGET_OSES),$(OS_TARGET)))
69: include $(CORE_DEPTH)/coreconf/$(OS_TARGET).mk
70: else
71: include $(CORE_DEPTH)/coreconf/$(OS_TARGET)$(OS_RELEASE).mk
72: endif

Last edited by AapoRantalainen; 2012-06-25 at 15:12.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Version 14 is absolutely the way to go as far as Fennec is concerned. It's a major redesign compared to version 13 and below, and might be the first Fennec version that is actually usable. Although in my mind MicroB is still going strong, getting Fennec 14 on Maemo would be a welcome addition. I've been running v12 thanks to this thread, and while it's good to have for HTML5, I hardly ever use it otherwise since it's such a hog.

Last edited by bocephus; 2012-07-02 at 09:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
FYI

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770845

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 112 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
hi,
i've problem with mozilla repository,its giving me an error when ever i update the catalogues...
i heard about new repository of mozilla for maemo,can you tell me about,how can i get that repository...
i tried two repositories of mozilla from different threads but doesnt worked...
thanx in advance

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
I just posted a new GTK Fennec 14.0 package. It's slower than previous versions so I'm not sure why you guys want it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooninite For This Useful Post: