My thoughts from the other thread:

If the N9-00 was the Nokia N9 and the N9-01 isnt related to the Nokia N9 or isnt a version based on it (different design), Im basically going Android although I do not want to.

Ive waited too long for a MeeGo based device with phone capabilities with a hardware QWERTY keyboard from Nokia. The HTC Desire Z is looking pretty good and HTC will problably announce more devices such as that one at MWC.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
I've almost all but given up on Nokia.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Russianhaxor View Post
I've almost all but given up on Nokia.
I have given up on Eldar. He has been out of the loop a long time, still he pretend to be in there, and he do it by issuing FUD like the girlish little primadonna he is. That is all he does. He has no more clue to what's going on at Nokia than me and you.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
eldar needs to read this and stfu

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/e...s-dont-matter/

this also a good read for all you meego skeptics out there

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
omg, engadget defending companies other than Apple.
now that's news.
(jk).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
As usually, to many ifs and buds.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
eldar needs to read this and stfu

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/e...s-dont-matter/

this also a good read for all you meego skeptics out there
Sorry, it's a terrible article.

As soon as there's the merest hint of a problem with a Nokia device (any device) Engadget will be (and usually are) all over it, fanning the flames and claiming the sky is falling. They've also posted numerous articles in the past based on far less reliable and credible sources than Howards Forum, but since this "news" relates to their favourite Android device they're immediately on the defensive claiming Howard Forums shouldn't be believed and manufacturers don't release phones with known bugs. WTF? Of course they do!

It just shows a total lack of objectivity - if I didn't know better I'd say they're being paid by Motorola to print this cr@p. Maybe the Atrix phone doesn't have the flaws that are claimed, but that doesn't matter - it's not for Engadget to take on the role of Motorola PR.

And if you try to point any of this out with a comment against the article, you get your post deleted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
omg, engadget defending companies other than Apple.
now that's news.
(jk).
They have to seem to be not totally biased after all, otherwise they were losing their credibility fast. So some faux non-bais is better than bias after all.

But when it comes to Nokia and its minor flaws, they will be all over the news like its some big-time-fail.
But at least give it to those guys to be able to stick out their heads from up the Apple arse for a breather at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Engadget is probably just on multiple companies payroll's; apple, google, motorola, verizon etc...

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'm very sceptical now about Eldar, there is one thing that bothering me, how the hell does he know if N9 is scrapped? He is not a Nokia employee and he hasn't seen the whole thing scrapped right before his eyes. Where is the proof? The more I read is the more I'm sceptical about that guy information.

Tags
cia debunked, its true, n9 is a myth, no kia, scifi, top secret