Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Madison, WI
1. Do you use your Internet Tablet with your phone for Internet access?

No

2. What kind of phone do you have?

Nokia 6822b (Mexican)

3. Was it easy to get working?

No, it's incompatible in every way. Can't transfer files, initiate calls, send text messages, access the internet...

4. Who is your service provider?

T-Mobile

1. Sometimes on the Train
2. Nokia E61, Treo 750
3. On the E61 yes very
4. 3 Moble Australia
5. $20 per month

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
I created this post to ask readers which phone they used. My answers are there and the questions are as follows:

5. How affordable is your data plan?
6. What else should users know about that phone/provider/plan?

Especially with the holidays approaching - it's a good time to talk gadgets.
1. Yes I do

2. Motorola V3X

3. No, the phone never behaves with Bluetooth, and the connection always fails the first time, but succeeds the second time.

4. Three AU

5. Very good for an Australian network - $20/500MB.

6. Go with the provider and plan, but if you're on the $29 cap, get the Nokia 6288 instead (it wasn't available yet when I signed up, and the v3x was the best out of the lot)

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
So far I've not seen a summary on Thoughtfix's site.

For the US is seems T-mobile with the $5.99 plan and Sprint SERO are about the best -
But I can't find mention of the T-mobile $5.99 plan at their website.
Since I have my NIT all I need is a BT link to the world, which seems is what Nokia envisioned.
So could someone post a link to the exact T-mobile plan?
tia
PLEASE use the Wiki

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
So far I've not seen a summary on Thoughtfix's site.

For the US is seems T-mobile with the $5.99 plan and Sprint SERO are about the best -
But I can't find mention of the T-mobile $5.99 plan at their website.
Since I have my NIT all I need is a BT link to the world, which seems is what Nokia envisioned.
So could someone post a link to the exact T-mobile plan?
tia
Choose wisely...

Sprint SERO = FREE Unlimited High Speed EVDO
vs.
T-mobile plan for $5.99

I use Nokia N95 8GB, the best phone I've ever had. I use it mostly for book reading on the move as it not as bulky as our IT' (which I use to continue reading when I am in bed or in an empty train). Internet connection through nokia works great albeit a little too expensive to be for every day use (vodafone uk) but in emergencies and in the open areas, such as parks etc.. is a great thing to have. I would recommend the phone to anyone.

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
1. Yes, very frequently!
2. Nokia E90, Nokia 9300i
3. Mind-blowingly easy
4. Vodafone in Ireland, T-Mobile in the USA
5. Vodafone is so expensive as to be for emergency use only - 2 eurocents per kB; T-Mobile is $30 a month for unlimited access.
6. Vodafone, and indeed all 3.5G networks are much faster than T-Mobile's EDGE network; however, the T-Mobile plan also confers free wi-fi access in quite a few locations.

1. Do you use your Internet Tablet with your phone for Internet access? YES
2. What kind of phone do you have? Treo 700w
3. Was it easy to get working? Yes - but see #6
4. Who is your service provider? Verizon
5. How affordable is your data plan? $15 per month extra over unlimited data plan (employer pays)
6. What else should users know about that phone/provider/plan? do NOT turn on Modem Link - that's for USB

No.

Cheap Nokia bottom of the barrel kind. No phone, no mp3 player, no games, no camera, no bluetoothing capabilities. Just, you know, a phone. Yeah!!

Out of the box, charge it up. The phone number was preprogrammed. Easy.

Believe it or not, 7-11. Got the phone and 20 cents a minute or 15 cents a text message good for 365 days - all for $100 during their regular sales. I got the phone in last June. I still have $68 left on the service. Obviously, I don't like cells much. Especially with Canada's rediculous prices.

Affordable but most plans are so rediculously expensive that I'd rather stick with my $20 a month full-feature VOiP set-up with a once-a-year $100 7-11 phone package thrown in for those rare on-the-go calls and emergencies.

If you're not glued to a cellphone (that I'm finding more and more people to be doing. God! The inanity of most cellphone conversations I have to listen to on the bus!), use a cell mostly for short, quick calls on the go and have been burned by pay-as-you-go plans that cost you money because the card expires before your credit, this is the best, most reasonable rate you'll find in Canada. Bar none.

1. i would if i could ....
2. motorola SLVR L7c
3. strangely, it was easy to get working when i first set up the N810 right out of the box, but it never worked again
4. verizon
5. can't remember

6. i called nokia tech support and still could not get the N810 to pair with my phone. tech support told me that some phone brands tend not to pair very well with the N810, and that motorola is one of those brands

tech support also mentioned that i might be able to connect the two via wire with a micro usb cable. i have not seen a micro usb cable that has the appropriate connections for each device, so i'm not sure how to do this.

someone please advise! i hate walking around just to find a wi-fi hotspot, and the wi-fi download speeds are crap. as of now, i feel i have purchased a $400 paperweight

thx