Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Just an update, Google Terrain works well for me in Canada. Don't know why it isn't included in the auto-download pack!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Planet Earth
I´ve been trying to get my head around this for a while at no luck. Please let me know if it´s possible or not.

map format from the google mashup code
http://crmap.com/maps/"+(a.x)+"_"+(x.y)+"_"+(b)+".gif

and here what the tile looks like
http://crmap.com/maps/4365_7735_14.gif

Am trying to get this into Maemo Mapper, tried all possible combinations, checked all forums possilble trying to get my head around it, you´re my only hope. Any response will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Google mashup code won't work. The mapper programs are all designed to work with an ascending hierarchy of 0-3 in each digit space. So 3.gif is level 20 zoom with grid 4 of 4 represented. 1134.gif is zoom 18 (if memory serves me right) and so on. I'm trying to develop a download script, and even I'm having trouble getting my mind around this whole bloody mess. Ah well, at least I don't feel so bad.

Google recently added detailed maps of Israel. Street names are available only in Hebrew. To use, change the URL to:

http://mt.google.com/mt?v=nq.83&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d

With this URL, names inside Israel (and the occupied Palestinian territories) are in Hebrew, while the rest of the world is still in English.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB
NOAA Marine Chart raster charts are back online free! Please, oh, please make Maemo Mapper work with these charts! Do it for the sailors in the fog...for his terrified passengers!!

I sent a message to NOAA begging them to start a map tile server or make a deal with Google to serve the tiles. Someone has just got to get marine charting onto Google or Virtual Earth....(c;

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
I wonder if I might get some advice on changing the default cache db from /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/Maps to my internal sd. I have done so manually in the Manage Repositories dialog, but each time I download new maps they download to the default directory. Resetting also results in the creation of new folders and files at that path. Following previous posts I have copied the Maps directory from the above path to the internal sd card but downloads continue to download to that default path. Is there a means of forcing the default directory without linking the default path to the sd card? Many thanks.

Originally Posted by chrisblessing View Post
I wonder if I might get some advice on changing the default cache db from /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/Maps to my internal sd. I have done so manually in the Manage Repositories dialog, but each time I download new maps they download to the default directory. Resetting also results in the creation of new folders and files at that path. Following previous posts I have copied the Maps directory from the above path to the internal sd card but downloads continue to download to that default path. Is there a means of forcing the default directory without linking the default path to the sd card? Many thanks.
When you say "each time I download new maps they download to the default directory," do you mean that maps downloaded via the "Manage Maps" dialog are downloaded into the default directory? Or do you mean that repositories downloaded via the "Manage Repositories" dialog are downloaded into the default directory?

There is currently no way to change the default directory into which repositories are initially places. But you shouldn't need to download repositories more than once. Repository setup should be a one-time step that you do at start-up and then forget about. And if you back up your settings before you reflash and restore the back-up after you reflash, then your repositories should be preserved.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Gnuite,

Thank you for the clarification. In reading some earlier posts I understood that by moving downloaded maps from the default location to another would force the application to then use that new location as the default. Poor understanding on my part. And after a re-flash my repositories were indeed correct. Thanks again.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Planet Earth
Gnuite,
Any updates on releasing latest version of MaemoMapper? I've been checking maemo garage and your site for more than a month.. still nothing.
What futures and fixes are being implemented?