Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Show me where NOKIA N900 said, prior to release that provisioning was not provided?

Nexus One came out. Guess what? It has provisioning from the get go

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
When someone accuses a consumer of not researching well a device that was advertising features that everyone else took for granted: they are either apologizers or losers
And there's people that have found out as much as they possibly can, and it still doesn't answer all of the questions. That's what I use this community for.

Finger pointing is easy. I'm not even doing that - pointing one finger means three more are pointed back at yourself.

And last I checked, there's more than one layer of folks around here... I think I'm in the skeptical crowd. You're in the angry as **** crowd. No apologizers in this thread. Not like we're talking about politics.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
This thread appears on the verge of descending into name-calling uselessness. It will be closed, should that happen. Everyone, please continue the discussion in more productive directions. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
Show me where NOKIA N900 said, prior to release that provisioning was not provided?

Nexus One came out. Guess what? It has provisioning from the get go
And on the G1, you had to pay $30 for TouchDown to sync with MS Exchange.

Seriously dude. You have an axe to grind with Nokia. You refuse to state how much research you yourself have done; I didn't see provisioning on any documents, knowing Nokia... I would have assumed it didn't do it.

And as of yet, I have yet to purchase a N900. If MS Exchange is that important, picking up the phone and calling Nokia would have proven prudent to you.

Good luck. I can state that the iPhone 3GS does exactly as you'll need pertaining provisioning and MS Exchange.

I'll remove myself from this thread since you'll likely not see fault in any actions other than Nokia - which is understandable - and continue to act as such where others are trying to offer help.

Luck to you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Oh, it's out there, and in fact was strongly reiterated at Maemo Summit 2009.
I can't believe that you are saying that an ordinary consumer should be aware of (1) what was reiterated at Maemo Summit 2009 or (2) have read this site at all. As some would say, hey, this site isn't for customers anyway, it's for members of a community. Does a consumer have to pledge allegiance?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Whatever, man. Its not worth arguing. We will just have to wait and see if NOKIA decides to provision this device. That is all to it. But I do not appreciate other people implying that somehow myself and others should have known that provisioning is not there. Blaming the consumer for companies oversight is not what I expect from this forum

I'm not even arguing with you. I get your position.

Appreciate the fact that I've never stated one negative thing to you. I'm not even addressing you with a negative tone.

I've not blamed anybody man. My goodness, what would make you happy? In a thread, I've maintained a rather even tone about what's going on. Mistakes happen, buyer's regret is a very real thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
And you are right about iphone 3GS. No issues with provisioning. Works flawlessly, as does my Nokia E71 and E51

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Personally, I would never ever trust what a company said or didn't say about any feature that was important to me in doing my job. Especially if it was a complex feature. I wouldn't believe it worked till I saw that it worked with my own eyes.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
i see above that nokia replied to your email and said they won't take the n900 back. want to sell it?

Closed Thread

Tags
activesync, exchange, expectations, fremantle, give 'em hell guber99, i dreamed a dream, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, provisionable, provisioning, return