Active Topics

One thing makes sense.

As long as Meego is not ready, it is smaller catastrophe to test it with N900-users and read comments here, than read then with released N9 with unfinished Meego.

I'd recommend to Nokia, do not release N9 until about 50% of talk.maemo.org users rather use Meego than Maemo on their devices. Then it is about ready and has potential to beat iPhones and Androids.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
N900 is not available anymore
It is available and (surprisingly) still among the best selling 3G phones on amazon.de, for example. Why should it not be available?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
One thing makes sense.

As long as Meego is not ready, it is smaller catastrophe to test it with N900-users and read comments here, than read then with released N9 with unfinished Meego.

I'd recommend to Nokia, do not release N9 until about 50% of talk.maemo.org users rather use Meego than Maemo on their devices. Then it is about ready and has potential to beat iPhones and Androids.
Nokia N9 will never be able to beat iPhone iPhone 5 is already in the testing trail right now. Apple is very secretive about their prototype and will not let it leaks until they are satisfied with their product and sell of the iPhone4. So my guess is iPhone5 would runs dual core A4 or something similar. So the only way for N9 to beat the iPhone is to run dual core processor from the start and 1GB of RAM. MeeGo is going to be a bit like a slow grow corn tree. It needs to do something that all other OS can't do and loads of good apps. PR1.4 may be a rumour for now but I am hoping to see a bit of light in my N900 with few more bugs fixed.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
wudn't mind if we got a surprise from nokia that they wud release pr 1.4 but even if it does not come i still think the n900 is pretty sorted.

We have got almost fully functional Froyo & Gingerbread on the N900 and also other OS & games from webos too.

What more can you ask from this little monster?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
What more can you ask from this little monster?
Flash 10.1, an update for Skype, better front camera quality, better OVI, better Maps, portrait, a microUSB port that doesn't fall out, more than 256mb of RAM, less issues with rootfs (optify everything), separate ringtones for each caller, MMS out the box, MS Office editing out of the box...

You asked... that's a slippery slope. Let's just be happy if PR1.4 comes out and brings more than just one or two fixes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
wow
i just see a great news in nokia's official website :
PR1.3 is available now . wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you nokia
wow ' another news : pr 1.2 is also available . yooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo

Originally Posted by pocale View Post
btw what the PR stands for?
Seeing as Nokia have dropped so many b*ll*x in the past, I'd say it stands for Pubic Release.

But all the links I've seen all lead to Youmobile.com or a cut'n'paste on another blog.

Let's face it, the N900 is a developer platform so I think all Nokia are going to do is release updates to QT so developers can continue to develop for the upcoming MeeGo, and probably throw in the odd fix for a bug that we never knew about. i.e "Fixed a bug that prevented sending "Loop-de-loop" commands to Trident missiles over Bluetooth".

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Flash 10.1, an update for Skype, better front camera quality, better OVI, better Maps, portrait, a microUSB port that doesn't fall out, more than 256mb of RAM, less issues with rootfs (optify everything), separate ringtones for each caller, MMS out the box, MS Office editing out of the box...

You asked... that's a slippery slope. Let's just be happy if PR1.4 comes out and brings more than just one or two fixes.
You forgot 3G video calling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Flash 10.1 = Install NITDroid it working flawlessly there.

What's wrong with your skype? Works fine on mine.

Better front camera quality,better maps & MS Office = I'll give that to you.these shud improve.

better OVI = Get the latest OVI Suite if thats what your talking about.

Seems like your batch of N900 had the loose usb issue which was easily fixed at Nokia Care. Following ones are much stable.

More than 256mn RAM = What are you running on ur phone buddy?

Less issues with rootfs = Everything is optified so that there is a smooth experience with apps & space is not wasted when the apps stores data.

Separate ringtones for callers = Get the Custom Ringtones for callers app from the repos

MMS = fMMS works without problems..no offence but do u really use MMS?

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Who is josephws apart from being the person who posted about this. Does he have any link to Nokia?

Tags
factfromfiction, fukking fanboys, i wish, just shoot me, meego vs pr 1.4, penis face, ya rite