Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I am trailing Spotify at the moment.
I have noticed issues with qSpot, is there an active developer for this project?

Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
I didn't see quickly-glanced if I or anyone else has reported this problem before, but at least in the latest qSpot there is an occasionally-triggered glitch where the song currently playing starts to play as two instances. One of them plays the "current" part of the song and the second instance can be heard playing the music from something like five seconds earlier. Pressing the pause button will first cut one instance and after a couple of seconds the second instance. Weird.
I have experienced this twice now.

Also I have had issues with..

*randomly resuming play when I end a call even tho I had paused it.
*resuming play not working from the pause/play button after a period of time.
*pulseaudio at 33% CPU all the time even when not playing, poor battery life due to this.
*new playlists appear as blank names - restarting qSpot fixes.
*application crashes if you make a playlist offline from another client and then try to open it with qSpot.

I am sure there are other glitches I have experienced but not reproduced.

IMO it would be nice if Spotify/libspotify linked into MAFW/OMP to play it's tracks
I am really missing the ability to skip tracks and pause from hardware buttons and all the other features OMP provides, lyrics, views etc, etc.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I am the developer of QSpot for N900/N9. Currently, due to limited time, I have not been able to update / fix issues with QSpot. QSpot for N900 uses an older libspotify version due to problems compiling against the current one (reason is incompatible libc versions). This could be the cause of some of the issues (changes at Spotify backend side). I am actively using the N9/N950 version of QSpot still (almost daily) and have never experienced the issues you mention, so it seems to be N900 related. I will need to test it (I still have my N900 device), thanks for the feedback. Do you know how to reproduce the issue with two tracks playing at the same time?

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I am trailing Spotify at the moment.
I have noticed issues with qSpot, is there an active developer for this project?

I have experienced this twice now.

Also I have had issues with..

*randomly resuming play when I end a call even tho I had paused it.
*resuming play not working from the pause/play button after a period of time.
*pulseaudio at 33% CPU all the time even when not playing, poor battery life due to this.
*new playlists appear as blank names - restarting qSpot fixes.
*application crashes if you make a playlist offline from another client and then try to open it with qSpot.

I am sure there are other glitches I have experienced but not reproduced.

IMO it would be nice if Spotify/libspotify linked into MAFW/OMP to play it's tracks
I am really missing the ability to skip tracks and pause from hardware buttons and all the other features OMP provides, lyrics, views etc, etc.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Hello,
I am the developer of QSpot for N900/N9.
Hi, nice to see your still about

Do you know how to reproduce the issue with two tracks playing at the same time?
It not easy to reproduce unfortunately, I will start using qSpot from a terminal to see if it throws up any debug information.

I can only think that I had skipped track or paused/played it quickly.
It's like qSpot is playing the buffered version on top of the current version, very odd.
I have just been trying to force it to happen to no avail.

Another issue I found last night is when setting to available offline the files still show as green until a restart. Also it doesn't like processing multiple playlists as offline at the same time.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Yes, still alive I will test with N900 myself and see if I can reproduce your issues. Will report back here

Hi, nice to see your still about

It not easy to reproduce unfortunately, I will start using qSpot from a terminal to see if it throws up any debug information.

I can only think that I had skipped track or paused/played it quickly.
It's like qSpot is playing the buffered version on top of the current version, very odd.
I have just been trying to force it to happen to no avail.

Another issue I found last night is when setting to available offline the files still show as green until a restart. Also it doesn't like processing multiple playlists as offline at the same time.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
I have been using the N900 version of QSpot today(1.2.0-1), and have still not experienced any issues. Have tried to switch tracks quickly, change playlists, play albums, etc. and everything seems to work, Surprised that the audio quality is really amazing on the N900, would say it beats the N950

Are you using some custom kernel / configuration? It seems strange that two tracks could play at the same time, as only one audio buffer is used internally.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No such issues here either. Working great ( except the good old errors ) qspot 1.1.0.1.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I have been using the N900 version of QSpot today(1.2.0-1), and have still not experienced any issues. Have tried to switch tracks quickly, change playlists, play albums, etc. and everything seems to work, Surprised that the audio quality is really amazing on the N900, would say it beats the N950

Are you using some custom kernel / configuration?
1.2.0-1 here
Nothing too custom, check my signature

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Strange. Concerning the double playback, the only this I have noticed that the previous track can play for a short while when changing track, this due to some latency with pulseaudio. Issues with the library are difficult to fix on N900 as it is not possible to update to the latest version (which is in use on the N9/N950 QSpot version). Some of the problems (e.g., playlists not showing up before restart of QSpot) is definitely libspotify related.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Strange. Concerning the double playback, the only this I have noticed that the previous track can play for a short while when changing track, this due to some latency with pulseaudio. Issues with the library are difficult to fix on N900 as it is not possible to update to the latest version (which is in use on the N9/N950 QSpot version). Some of the problems (e.g., playlists not showing up before restart of QSpot) is definitely libspotify related.
I have noticed that which isn't an issue really, it's a completely different issue you know when it happens. I haven't been able to reproduce it since I mentioned it.

How about pulseaudio using CPU when the application is not playing a track. Is there a way to stop this?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

I have noticed that which isn't an issue really, it's a completely different issue you know when it happens. I haven't been able to reproduce it since I mentioned it.

How about pulseaudio using CPU when the application is not playing a track. Is there a way to stop this?
I need to investigate it. I will look into the pulseaudio issue, probably due to the fact that it is initalised at app startup and deinitialised on shutdown.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify