Active Topics

Notices

Hi!!
I’m trying to do the nano thing for whastup cuz I sadly give up on wazapp, but when I open /home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf I got the answer “permission denied”.
What should I do?
Thanks for all the help in this blog, it is by far better than other I have found.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Viewer46 View Post
Hi guys! I've been having this problem for a few days already where I can't add contacts to my Wazapp. I add a new contact (who uses Wazapp) to my phone, sync the app, but it won't show up. I tried editing the number, adding the country code and using different combinations, but nothing works. I have a N9 and the last version of Wazapp.
Any suggestions?
you have 2 choices :

1. Use whatsup
2. Edit the db file of wazapp to add contacts

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@tiff-tiff you should stop using root while its not needed.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i am new to the website i have got nokia n9 and installed wazapp in it 0.9.22 version after installing while registration it says failed reason old server
i got wart and got codes and also the long password
can anyone please help me out wats the next step i need to do in detailed format
please help me,sorry for the bad english
thanks in advance

Originally Posted by RobbieOPC View Post
Again Status:Error... without +sign

EDIT: Guys It works now, thank you all for help. I am so happy now
can u send me ur wazapp.conf file to me it seems i dont have it in my nokia n9 my mail id is karthick1057@gmail.com

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Hi!
Thanks for all your help but I don’t really know what a root is, I don’t know anything about mobile’s system or system at all. I just did what it is explained in this forum and nothing else. So could you explain to me how to stop using the root you are talking about please?
THANKS!!

Originally Posted by tiff-tiff View Post
Hi!
Thanks for all your help but I don’t really know what a root is, I don’t know anything about mobile’s system or system at all. I just did what it is explained in this forum and nothing else. So could you explain to me how to stop using the root you are talking about please?
THANKS!!
can u send me ur wazapp.conf file please

Originally Posted by karthick View Post
can u send me ur wazapp.conf file please
Sorry but I deleted all wazzap files... I am trying to install whatsup and I have not been successful

@tiff-tiff

pls tell us what you have done so far exactly, because if you have opened the file without using root-rights, there should be no problem...

did you purged wazzap and installed whatsup?

I 'm going to explain,what I did to install whatsup.i recommend this,because wazapp stopped working for me and there are less bugs.

So first you get Whatsup.Then you install nano on your N9.
Go to Settings->Security->developer->Utilities.It should install everything on its own.
Then you Install Whatsup.Get the Code by Using WART.
write down both codes.
Then you start whatsup and type the (i think) first code.It should start and maybe connect.If not.
open terminal.
type "nano" without the "" and press enter.
than press ctrl-R -> press enter
type in " /home/user/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf " press enter
than a file should open.move up and down by using "ctrl-V,ctrl-Y,ctrl-P,ctrl-N.
move up until you come to
username=...
password=...
delete the old ones and type our mobile number as username (without +) -> username=4412345678
and the second code from WART (the long one) as password ->
password=87654321asdfgh
than exit nano by ctrl-X (the shortcuts are written in nano terminal as ^X for ctrl-X) and save.
look if it works.Maybe you need to save before you exit by ctrl-O but i don't know which name of file you should type.Maybe someone knows.

I hope i could help.If it doesn't work like this...somebody needs to try to explain again,or read the pages before carefully.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp