Closed Thread
I have been testing this since yesterday night and the scrolling on web pages is sooo smooth its really a joy to browse using the Android browser.

Also do people know that you can switch of the phone while in android by holding the on/off button for approx 2 secs and then selecting phone off? It takes a bit of time but does swtich off.

I have the rootfs with the two app stores installed (andappstore client & SAM) but both of these give the not enough memory error. I have 5.86GB free on the eMMC but Android recognises this as SD card, and 3.35GB available space on micro SD card but Andrpid recognises this as internal phone storage.
To the person who managed to install apps how much free space did you have on these two and also what steps did you take to get the installation to work?

Steve any advances on the phone function, whats actually stopping it from working?

Thanks for all your work

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
i must admit i did not try the apps but lets see if we ccan solve perms. someone try findin perms for /system/app and /data and all its subfolders please

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by rahulg247 View Post
To the person who managed to install apps how much free space did you have on these two and also what steps did you take to get the installation to work?
If you talk about me, I've got 5.73GB free "internally", and 23.63GB on "SD card". Internal = MicroSD where Android runs from, SD card = N900 internal storage.

@dj_steve: I'll check the perms out.

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-06-14 at 18:14.

ignore the 'sdcard' mem its not issue here

@dj_steve:

Permissions for /system/app is: rwxr-xr-x (AKA all permissions)
Permissions for /data is: rwxr-xr-x (AKA all permissions)

And I can install apps. Someone who cant should probably check their permissions. I managed to install a thing by downloading a .apk file in the internal browser and just click it.

EDIT: The touch screen driver seems a little buggy, when you reach the outer areas of the screen the calibration seems off, but in the middle it's ok. Check it out yourself, open Dev tools and select Pointer Location.

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-06-14 at 18:18.

can u install via an app store ?

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
can u install via an app store ?
Yes, I just opened the official app store and downloaded and installed AndFTP without any problem.

hwd ya get official market goin

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
hwd ya get official market goin
Dunno, I opened "App Store" earlier today but it hang during "Downloading updates", but now when I opened it I got lots of categories, and I just opened one and downloaded an app. I assume "App Store" is the official one?

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid