Notices

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Lima, Peru
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
The sudo-command on your phone seems to be broken. This is probably be the reason for a lot of problems you might have to operate your phone.

To correct this "by hand", you need to become root. I guess you tried gainroot and as this didn't work, you tried to reinstall gainroot with the appmanager and this doesn't work either.

If it happened like this I tend to say you need to get a fresh operating system on your phone ("reflash"). But this SMScon discussion is not the right thread to help you doing this. And in any case its on your own risk.

If you have a backup then you might consider to install it (and I hope this is possible with broken sudo....). I'm sorry.

PS: If you ever managed to become root without reflash, and the /etc/sudoers file is stil empty. Tell me. I can provide you a /etc/sudoers file that could work
Happy new year yablacky. I reflash and use now use 0.7-2 version but the problem continue. I have 2 passwords: one is 12345 and the new password. Please help me

Last edited by emotion; 2012-01-04 at 12:58.

Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Happy new year yablacky. I reflash and use now use 0.7-2 version but the problem continue. I have 2 passwords: one is 12345 and the new password. Please help me
Can you please try the commands in post #919 and report the output of them here?

[correction: it was posting #919]

[edit 2: the commands i was asking for are not the solution by itself. The output of the commands hopefully help me to find out what is wrong]

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-01-04 at 22:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Could it be the second password is the one you defined for the ssh-server during installation?

Ignore that one for now and if you need to change the one for the editor you will have to change it from inside the application by pushing the menu (at the top press on the name and a menu will drop down).
http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON_Editor#Change_Password

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Can you please try the commands in post #919 and report the output of them here?

[correction: it was posting #919]

[edit 2: the commands i was asking for are not the solution by itself. The output of the commands hopefully help me to find out what is wrong]
Hello I have these commands output.

edit: Hello blackblaky now password is OK. The reason suggested for Saturn was solution of my problem. I hope not have more problems with my password. Thanks for your support.
Attached Images

Last edited by emotion; 2012-01-05 at 06:01.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Could it be the second password is the one you defined for the ssh-server during installation?

Ignore that one for now and if you need to change the one for the editor you will have to change it from inside the application by pushing the menu (at the top press on the name and a menu will drop down).
http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON_Editor#Change_Password
Yes now is correct. Before reflash I had the same password of ssh. Then after reflash the problem persisted. Now I have changed different password and It is OK . Thanks Saturn

Hello I have these commands output.

edit: Hello blackblaky now password is OK. The reason suggested for Saturn was solution of my problem. I hope not have more problems with my password. Thanks for your support.
You are welcome; we are all happy now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i updated my smscon today and smscon (after update ) does not recognize my sim and sends commands (sms N email)each time when i open slider. i reboot and try intialise and add IMSI too but still no help

EDIT: I have smscon 0.9.11

and to stop sending msg i have stopped smscon and disable soscon on boot at the moment, plz help!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2012-01-06 at 06:45.

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i updated my smscon today and smscon (after update ) does not recognize my sim and sends commands (sms N email)each time when i open slider. i reboot and try intialise and add IMSI too but still no help

EDIT: I have smscon 0.9.11

and to stop sending msg i have stopped smscon and disable soscon on boot at the moment, plz help!
What notifications do you receive from smscon? Are they only about keyboard slider moves? Then you may disable them (--> general options).

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
What notifications do you receive from smscon? Are they only about keyboard slider moves? Then you may disable them (--> general options).
i got these three warnings for the first time when i update smscon

than i reset my email sever(it was missing) and closed smscon after making some mroe changes
keyboard slider moves is the only notification i recieved since i have enable them and yes i can disable them but i want them to send sms when someone change the SIM (so i have to enable them perposly) i dont know why smscon sends sms without changing the SIM
Attached Images

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Firstly thank for this great app.
I have decided to install this after reading another thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70756
I knew of the app but avoided it's installation as I swap my SIM a fair bit for work. I have to setup pre-paid sims to fit in alarm systems.

I have some questions, after reading the wikis; I am still left unsure.
I could do will out bricking my device.

As mentioned I can often swap sim cards, while at work.

I wish to setup SMSCON so when the SIM is switched a message will go to the contact number (with the new sim details etc.).
I DO NOT want the device to lock out, even if the IMSI is different, is this possible.
Currently I have deleted the IMSI code in the init settings.

When the SIM is switched to a unauthorised IMSI will the device then enable "stolen mode", or is this only on command?
If so will reinstalling the correct SIM unlock the device?

If the command "Lock" is used what gets locked?
Also how is this related to the commands "On first message lock device" and "Unlock on new SIM".

Sorry for all the questions.
With the potential to brick/lockout the device, I want to be certain I have understood the wiki's.

Using SMSCOM Editor 0.7-4, if that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: