Active Topics

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Yes, it's the same person.

I'm not sure if Anbox will work due to the old kernel version the Nexus has. But i only tried it once and didn't get far.

I'm thinking about trying to make a new port for the Nexus using cm16 as base.

I think that some things in the base android system have changed since cm12.1 so that AD isn't able to run, maybe reverting some commits could help to get it working, but it would be very hard to find out which ine to revert. Getting Anbox working would be much better, because many new Android Apps need at least Android 5.0 to work...
Thank you for confirming my suspicion.

I wouldn't use cm16 yet. At least that is not 100% on my S7. 15.1 was rock solid and still is a very good base, so I would go for that one. But, unfortunately that doesn't install in multirom so not an option for me. Unless I port Sailfish to my S7. In that case I can play with my Nexus 5 so will not be tied to the multirom anymore.

I'm thinking about trying to make a new port for the Nexus using cm16 as base.
Just a hint on this one.
I have asked birdzhang about which base (14.1 or 15.1) I should chose for my S7 port where later he can help me with the Anbox. He confirmed that Anbox (currently) only works with 14.1 base.
So, if you would like to make somehow Anbox work on Nexus 5, I would go for this base rather than cm16.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Thanks for the hint!

I just checked the needed kernel options for Anbox, and many of were introduced in the 4.x kernel line. I think it is near to get Anbox running on 3.4 kernel which the Nexus uses. But i'll take a deeper look into it.

EDIT: Seems like the UbuntuTouch guys got it running with 3.4 kernel. Maybe i should get in touch with them.

Thanks for the hint!

I just checked the needed kernel options for Anbox, and many of were introduced in the 4.x kernel line. I think it is near to get Anbox running on 3.4 kernel which the Nexus uses. But i'll take a deeper look into it.

EDIT: Seems like the UbuntuTouch guys got it running with 3.4 kernel. Maybe i should get in touch with them.
Yeah, as far as I remember I needed to install a patched kernel to make Anbox running on Nexus 5. That kernel is available here We can try to flash this on a secondary Sailfish rom check whether Sailfish still works with it. Or maybe as you said, easier to contact Marius about the necessary kernel changes.

Now I have started working on my next build for the S7 and came across with this graphics performance improvements in the hadk-faq.
I added that extra line (QPA_HWC_IDLE_TIME=5) into the '/var/lib/environment/compositor/droid-hal-device.conf' and it indeed reduced the red lines in my frame rate test. (There were not so many before but I got now even less.)
So, I recommend this little extra manual work to you as well.

Note: I have tried the other QPA_HWC_BUFFER_COUNT=3 line too, but it made the frame rate test a bit worse, so I removed this and only kept the idle_time one.

Thanks, i'll check that, when i have access to my Nexus...fetching LineageOS14.1 at the moment...

Thanks, i'll check that, when i have access to my Nexus...fetching LineageOS14.1 at the moment...
Good stuff!
Yesterday I have managed to compile the kernel but building the hybris failed at the beginning. Fortunately I have found a good place where from some kernel patches are available and in the hadk-faq there is a hint for why the hybris build failed. Today, I will try again. Once I have a build that I can install and test, I will open a topic for that because don't want to litter this one with my S7 troubles.

By the way, from my github repo have you managed to get the files what you need for testing the OBS? If not, please let me know what you need and I will send over.

I'll keep the fingers crossed for your build!

I need some rpms of your local repo, i'll tell you next week which files i need.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I'll keep the fingers crossed for your build!

I need some rpms of your local repo, i'll tell you next week which files i need.
Thank you.

I have got a question.

If I build a sailfish with cm-12.1 base, can I use any 5.1 android image (for the same device of course) to flash "under" my sailfish build?

(We always use the cm-12.1-20160704-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-nocheck.zip for the underlying android but when I tried a 2015 version, the phone stuck on the Google logo.)

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid