Active Topics

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Nooo, don't use Tweak W for changing background if you use Home screen setting app (HSS), it can cause reboot loop !
Option 3 it's for long & transparent notification bar, wait for version 8.5, I changed something and I think this option also should work for HSS users..
lol luckily nothing happend when using hss, but thanks for the heads up.

I uninstalled hss, rebooted and did tweak w option 1 and rebooted. Then I did tweak w option 3, but still black stausbar?

Am I missing something here?

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-07-21 at 13:07.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
lol luckily nothing happend when using hss, but thanks for the heads up.

I uninstalled hss, rebooted and did tweak w option 1 and rebooted. Then I did tweak w option 3, but still black stausbar?

Am I missing something here?

Regards Dousan...
In version 8.4 you DON'T have option for changing status bar It's only for transparent notification bar on lock screen
Wait for 8.5... Maybe today I will post update... The version is ready, but I need to update PDF instruction, it's take time and I don't like this

Here my one (status bar in portrait and landscape):
Attached Images

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-07-21 at 13:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Nooo, don't use Tweak W for changing background if you use Home screen setting app (HSS), it can cause reboot loop !
Option 3 it's for long & transparent notification bar, wait for version 8.5, I changed something and I think this option also should work for HSS users..
i believe that we can tweak up Tweaks and it's relations to backgrounds....
also, i think that background can be aligned to center too.
will report more about this later

@Dousan, read my first post in this thread and you will find answers

dafuq. forgot to place ; at the end of background-image: "statusbar" and now I have a reboot loop. lol. Is there any way to replace the .css file via PC or nitdroid or what, or I really need to flash again?

Last edited by ssjmec; 2012-07-22 at 18:21.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
dafuq. forgot to place ; at the end of background-image: "statusbar" and now I have a reboot loop. lol. Is there any way to replace the .css file via PC or nitdroid or what, or I really need to flash again?
I was lucky then =Q but idk about ways to replace that file I think you need linux for that, but if you find way I can send file for you because I got copy of that file so I could do it if I get reboot loop.

yes, you can do that if you have nitdroid installed
use X-Plore in root mode but don't mess with permissions
otherwise...reflash

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
yes, you can do that if you have nitdroid installed
use X-Plore in root mode but don't mess with permissions
otherwise...reflash
How do I get to that directory when in X-Plore? Nitdroid's root is different path compared to harmattan i believe.

How do I get to that directory when in X-Plore? Nitdroid's root is different path compared to harmattan i believe.
yes, it is different, but harmattan root is mounted in /mnt/ i think or in media, i am not sure right now as i don't have nitdroid, but i've fixed same problem while ago and i can test it tomorrow if it's ok with you?

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
yes, it is different, but harmattan root is mounted in /mnt/ i think or in media, i am not sure right now as i don't have nitdroid, but i've fixed same problem while ago and i can test it tomorrow if it's ok with you?
Thanks But never mind found it in /mnt/initfs/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/sysuid/style/statusarea.css I edited statusarea.css and put the missing ";" but still got reboot loops. So I erased the line background-image: "statusbar" and deleted the .png file but still having reboot loop. Any idea why?

Thanks But never mind found it in /mnt/initfs/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/sysuid/style/statusarea.css I edited statusarea.css and put the missing ";" but still got reboot loops. So I erased the line background-image: "statusbar" and deleted the .png file but still having reboot loop. Any idea why?
seems you made some extra spaces is indention or something similar.
yes, that's correct path to file, here is mine statusarea.css you can rewrite yours i think:
Attached Files
File Type: zip statusarea.zip (1.8 KB, 76 views)