Active Topics

Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
This is a poor thread to discuss such, but really, even TV-signals are stronger than those emitted by cellular phones. You get more radiation daily from all the devices around you and from the air -- WiFi, TV, radio, et. al. -- than from a cell phone. Of course one could argue that it all accumulates over time, but then again, even with accumulation there's still things that do effect you worse yet you still do them: drink alcohol, smoke, sit in front of the computer all day without enough excercise.. Considering that a cell phone in the pocket seems like a non-issue to me.
I am not so worried about WiFi, TV, radio few meters away (1/r^2), but cellular phone sending more and more radiation just "1 inch away" from organs 8 - 12 hours a day does worry me and I think that issue has not been studied yet in medical science because continuous somewhat active or semi-active data-connections from cellular phones is quite a new phenomenon.

Edit: And yes, sorry to be off topic, but someone DID mention "1 inch away". This issue may be a worth of its own thread.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-12-03 at 11:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
N900 has Flash player. I thought that was enough for everyone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
XXX-Terminal, coming soon to help with your connectivity.

Anyways, what really shocks me is that it took us eight pages to get a female reply, and, not only she's hinting that maemo is the old thing and that she'd would hang out in the new meego club down the street, but she Also seems to be a Reverend???

Times change, dude.

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
I think this is what the OP will need to have others to have installed to their phones.
Nokia Instant Community

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I am not so worried about WiFi, TV, radio few meters away (1/r^2)
I wasn't talking about your TV and radio, I was talking about TV and radio signals sent by the towers. You do realize that their signal strength is a LOT higher than that of your cell phone? You're not the brightest candle around, I s'pose.

Basically you're being bathed in radiation 24/7 anyways, with or without your phone near, and the amount of radiation a phone emits is a lot lower than most radiation sources around.

It probably is needless to say that atleast I would not use such an application. While I am kinky in bedroom, like I love bondage and am willing to try almost anything, I've never had one-night stands. I find such behaviour degrading, humiliating, and I simply cannot respect people doing such.

I'm curious:

Why?

I wasn't talking about your TV and radio, I was talking about TV and radio signals sent by the towers. You do realize that their signal strength is a LOT higher than that of your cell phone? You're not the brightest candle around, I s'pose.

Basically you're being bathed in radiation 24/7 anyways, with or without your phone near, and the amount of radiation a phone emits is a lot lower than most radiation sources around.
Hmm...I do not have the numbers, but I would think a cellular phone 1 inch away from soft organs would give more radiation than TV-tower few kilometers away or even just 100 m away also. So far they have mainly studied heads, skin and brains concerning cellular phone radiation; not that people use Facebook in their phones next to their testicles or ovaries 10 hours a day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I'm curious:

Why?
I could answer otherwise but this is probably not the correct thread for discussions of my morals and ethics.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Ha ha great thread for once keep it up guys ho ho ho :-)

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
there's an app for that... oh no, sorry i meant brothel :P
being completely serious for a moment

a generic geolocation application I have discussed with people which includes mapping and database details of points of interest could have a specific upgrade pack including nighttime activities and red light mapping :O

Incidentally, the app as discussed would have user feedback areas.

brb, washing hands of this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:

Tags
desperate, gimme some, happy ending, high five!, i like, it is nice, italians, master debater, meego long time, sexy time