Active Topics

Any updates on this? Anyone out there in Adobe or Nokia land who can say yay or nay to 10.1?

Yes its great having flash 9.4 on the N900, but I can't use iPlayer (even the lo-fi version!) and other on demand streaming, including youtube without serious lag issues.

The sooner it gets tested, and released to public for testing the better because it would enhance the N900 web browsing dramatically.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
have you tried setting your browser user agent to the WII or PS3 and then BBC iplayer should work quite well as these have old versions of flash.

OTOH I tried iplayer on an n900 back in ?november? at the UK launch/meet-up and it worked fine, so not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
have you tried setting your browser user agent to the WII or PS3 and then BBC iplayer should work quite well as these have old versions of flash.

hi how do you set your browser user agent to the wii or ps3? can you help me here?

regards

Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post

OTOH I tried iplayer on an n900 back in ?november? at the UK launch/meet-up and it worked fine, so not sure why it doesn't work for you.
It works, but is VERY laggy. Live tv isn't as bad though, it just drains the battery.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
flash video and contents has memory leak issues. When you are watching or watched the content, it retain in the CPU and RAM cycle and never stopped. Even the CPU seem tp behave normally but the battery is draining silently without you notice it. unless you restart the device then it will flush out the drainage.

I really hope flash 10.1 does not have this sort of issues.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
i think the adobe demo video showing 10.1 is actually 9.4,because the website that they demoed is playing fine with 9.4 giving roughly the same framerat as their demo.Even the 'heavy' flash website with the rabbits plays just fine with 9.4....conspiracy theory or not i think they will take forever for us to see 10.1 on the N900....only time will tell....

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Flash 10.1 coming also for Android.. probably N900 users also need to wait for ~Q2/2010

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/gener...ted-in-q2-2010
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...PSKHWATMY32JVN

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
NO WORD for it on Maemo / Nokia N900:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...PlayerMWC.html

"Mobile platforms that will support the full Flash Player include Android, the BlackBerry® platform, Symbian® OS, Palm® webOS and Windows Mobile®".

More wait anyone?

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Personally I think we are better without it!

I always find Flash to be a cpu hog on Linux and the only "benefit" of Flash is to view online video.

I'd rather have more support for html 5 video tags.

Does the maemo version of Mplayer play flash videos?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
NO WORD for it on Maemo / Nokia N900:
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...PlayerMWC.html

"Mobile platforms that will support the full Flash Player include Android, the BlackBerry® platform, Symbian® OS, Palm® webOS and Windows Mobile®".

More wait anyone?
Yep - I was also a bit surprised regarding the news on engadget. Maybe Adobe was just not sure on how to name it now in their press release - Maemo or MeeGo

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update