Posts: 26 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Hello,

being able to enable/disable quickly im/sip/skype/ovi accounts would be awesome.
Also being able to "profile" those accounts, as emails.
I mean allow this and this accounts to connect always, that one only through wifi and that one only through 3G. Why that ? my (french) phone company doesn't allow any VOIP protocol on 3G (skype/sip/...) and I use them on wifi at home and at work.
Also, ovi is the only charge free account on my phone company. Using xmpp is costing me, even if it's only connection and no IM.

Also : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40893
about addressbook matching

Last edited by peyo; 2010-01-16 at 16:00.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by nymajoak View Post
[...]
When you have missed a phone call and tap corresponding entry in the phone application, you may expect the phone to call back to the very number you missed a call from. In case the call was from one of your contacts, and that contact has more than one phone number associated with it, you are instead asked to choose one of those numbers.
[...]
I can't see a way to even know which number that was.
It seems this issue has been fixed in PR1.1. Now you only see the missed number when you first tap the missed call, not all the contact's numbers. If you want to call a different number stored in the contact you tap the avatar and all numbers are displayed. Essentially just what we asked for in solution #8.

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
i have a few issues with the call log management ... discussed them on another topic, but i guess here it's a bit more appropriate
so i'll make some copy paste:

i have the latest firmware
in call log (phone .... call log is one with the phone application)
is i press a gsm number; get the option to call or to send and sms (long press gives me the option to delete or to open the vcard)
if i press a sip call i get the option to call (sip call) or to chat

even if the contact has an assocoated sip audio number ... i cannot access it from the call log if there i have a gsm call.

on my n82 ... i have the option to choose the call type from the call log ... should be implemented in n900 too

i added a solution here (#24), please vote for it!
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ne_experience/

sure ... one needs to know from what number originated the call!!!
but ... you need to have the option to choose how to call back!!!
it's important!!
and if you can somehow find a way to do this with a contact (you go to the contact list a pick whatever you find there), you have to take a pen ans write down the number if this number is not a contact number ... and dial it the way you want in the dial-pad

one needs these options there!! to chose how to call ... to copy the number, all the options on n95 where there for a reason after years of experience (that's why they are leaders, that's why so many iphone users still have a n95 in their pockets!)

quite annoying ... for such an advanced device!

another feature missing: if sip is deactivated ... there is no way to activate it trying to make the call

n82 way ... pick a phone # from the call log list or contacts >> choose the type of call (gsm or sip) >> if sip is disconnected, it asks you if you want to start the sip service ... nice & easy ...

it would be nice if this could be copied by maemo's team

I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere in this thread (I am just going to read the thread now to see what has been suggested and any I think is missing) but just need to highlight the inability to dial numbers starting with * (assuming the firmware update hasn't fixed this). I just got back from holiday in Nigeria for three weeks where to load credit you have to dial * followed by the card number. Of course I couldn't do this on my phone. So each time I wanted to add call credit I would have to take out my sim card and put it into someone else's phone to add the credit. A real hassle of a process (remove battery on N900, remove sim card, remove battery of other phone, remove sim card, put my sim card into other phone, add credit, remove battery of other phone, remove my sim card from other phone, put sim card back into N900, replace N900 battery, switch phone back on).

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Is it me the only one thinking that http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ne_experience/ has gone out of control? Brainstorm proposals need to be around a concrete proposal.

Now what? Imagine that one of the 21(!) "solutions" is under development. Should we move the whole proposal to In Development and leave a big question mark about all the rest?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I really think we need a Brainstorm reporting solution...

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I think we all need to agree on the fact that Brainstorm is more useful when you can isolate a problem and discuss it / rate it with focus. Otherwise you end up in brainstorms like this one where it is difficult to get any focus.

(accidental edit)

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-01-17 at 03:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I think we all need to agree on the fact that Brainstorm is more useful when you can isolate a problem and discuss it / rate it with focus. Otherwise you end up in brainstorms like this one where it is difficult to get any focus.
Certainly I agree. But how do you propose we accomplish that? I'm thinking we need a more detailed step-by-step outline of the expected process... at least for the Norming/Performing part.

i want the ability to link through from the phone app contact cards to edit contacts with the contacts app. why are the two apps so disjointed. it makes no sense.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinNZ For This Useful Post: